River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Motor Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazer68

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Motor Questions Reply with quote

Hey there I’m new to this site and to the vw stuff. I currently built a sand rail with a 2.0L out of a 79 bus and have found there is not a whole lot of aftermarket stuff out there for it. I recently purchased a 70 bug that someone tried to chop and failed miserably but I am going to make a full time convertible it has basically nothing but a steering and brakes. NO transaxle or engine, so question is I Have an opportunity to purchase an engine for a hundred bucks but is seized is it rebuild able? Or should I look elsewhere for something else. I will be rebuilding whatever I get just to know what I got and to learn the internals of this style of motor any comments would be appreciated
Thanks Jay
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Motor Questions Reply with quote

Depends on why it seized if it's rebuildable. Need more info on what year the engine case is first, to know if you would want to use it for rebuild for you application.
ARR #3
blazer68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks waiting to here back from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: