River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

newb saying hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
super74

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: newb saying hello Reply with quote

hey guys just thought i would say hi and post a pic of the bug i am getting monday is there anything i should be watching out for on this 74 super beetle no rust or so the guy says any help would be greatly appresiated

trade.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.39 KB
 Viewed:  6514 Time(s)

trade.jpg

Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, hello!

Next, I would suggest really crawling around the car and bring a magnet to check for filler. The car has been repainted and it looks like the heater channel was kind of missed. The lower portions of the car are important to check for rust as is the area around window seals and the area under those vents behind the rear quarter windows. The Super beetles have a totally different front end designed compared to the standard sedans. The supers have McPherson struts and a lot more parts for suspension. Often times these parts can become warn and cause a shimmy around 55mph and up. I would suggest trying to get it up to speed. It is not a deal breaker but simply something that would need to be addressed. I could go on but I am not too sure how versed you are in things Volkswagen. Good luck!
super74

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info i am a complete newb when it comes to vw's my dad always drove them when i was little but i have never had one or worked on one so every thing will be new to me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: