River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

back on the road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugpack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: back on the road Reply with quote

Well, I finished my bug on monday and wanted to take her out on a shake down ride, just haven't gotten the guts up to do it. This morning was the day, my wife needed the honduh sooo. went out this before having to leave to make sure it fired up and she did. she as a horrible shake above 35 (wheel balance needed). As usual there are things that need to be tightened and adjusted. She sounds like something is out of balance somewhere in the drivetrain. But she drives, turns and even stops. Son loves it, daughter hates it. Laughing
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm very happy that I came this close to finishing a project.
Anyone else here running a weber progressive?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear another one is on the streets!

I ran a progressive on my first bug, it ran great but it could of been a bit much for my stock 1600 dp. As long as they are dialed in I like them, once they start to funk out though...
bugpack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing yeah I've read a lot of negative about the webers.
[img][/img]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it ran great when it was in my car, the only diff was the SVDA. The 009 is okay, but the SVDA/Progressive is a better combo. Sorry, but you can't have my distributor!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wouldn't be too quick to blame the carb. I've run Webers on alot of vehicles. My Toyota 22r loved it....made it into a torque monster! Also on baja's...I think you guys are onto something with the distributor....might want to check out the "performance" section on Samba....or just hit up Glen on there that rebuilds distributors. That guy is really good with what works...

Scott
bugpack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil, I'm using that hot air intake that you gave me a few years ago and she runs great when she warms up.
I'm in the process of getting my brakes to work better, right now i think i only have rear brakes. so i took the master cylinder of and went through it cleaned up a lot of junk. replace the long line to the rear. If the brakes aren't working any better i have no choice but to tear into the brakes themselves. they are all adjusted to the manual.

Neil, could I borrow the tool for the rear axle nut?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it's just a big a$$ socket. Come get it anytime. I ran past your house this morning, the bug is looking good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: