River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

1965 Beetle Parts needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rub1401

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: 1965 Beetle Parts needed Reply with quote

First the Introduction:
My name is Ruben and I moved up here to Spokane a couple of years ago from California. I've had a couple of VWs (59 Sedan, 63 Ragtop, 64 sedan, 69 Squareback, 69 Fastback) and now have a 1965 Sedan that I just bought from Seattle and dragged back home to Spokane today. I'm looking for a few parts and figured the local club here in Spokane might be able to help out. Please let me know what you have and maybe we can deal.

I need (looking for parts correct for the year):

-Original steering wheel (with or without horn button)
-Driver side running board (or set)
-Rear pop-out windows
-Front/Rear bumpers

Thanks for helping me out guys.

Last edited by rub1401 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
hubcapt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Spokane Rub, it was good meeting you tonight! I stopped by a buddies house who has some lowbacks, they might need some repair, but they're not tombstones. He also might have some pop-outs and he said he would look for those. I gave you his number, but if he doesnt call you in a while maybe I will give you his so you can hook up with him.
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kaleb....did you give him Eric's number? I dropped off some lowback seats with him the other day...don't think he's gonna need them Ruben. So check him out...(goes by Long-roofs on here). They will need recovering, but the frames are in good shape...

Scott
rub1401

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'll keep my phone on. If I don't hear from him in the next few days I'll give you a call so I can get his number. Can't wait to get rid of the tombstones! Anyone need them (free)?
rub1401

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lookin out guys. I got the seats from Eric and knocking stuff off my list. I'll post pics of the bug soon.
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! I'm glad that you were able to use them! I found a 66' bug on Craigslist last summer and the guy let me part it out....they came out of that bug. Samba has been good to me also...found alot of stuff on there. Economy is really affecting the sellers, some guys rely on selling used parts, so their prices reflect that. Stuff that used to be REALLY expensive is almost bearable on Samba now....worth a shot!

Scott
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good meeting you Rubin. I may have some rear popouts for you in a couple weeks if you don't come up with any. Also, some bumper parts once I get two sets together, extras will be available.
rub1401

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott

I check The Samba pretty much daily but prefer local deals if possible. I usually do Nortwest region searches so i can go pick up the parts myself and make sure it's what I want. I ordered a windshield a few years back and paid a good price for shipping the guy wrapped it in a couple of towels and some broken up boxes and it broke in the shipment. When I called the guy to tell him how it arrived he wanted to file a claim with the post office. If you've ever filed an insurance claim with the post offce they usually want to make sure it was packed correctly so there is no way they would have refunded that windshield. I was out $125. Long story long - I pick it up in person now if I can.

Whenever I make my trips for parts, i'll post on here so if you guys are looking at something in the same area i'll bring em back for you.

Eric

Thanks for keeping an eye on the pop-outs and bumpers for me. Hopefully, something will come through.
motofly196

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have a set of pop-outs for you, but might need latches.

Scott

I'll let you know
rub1401

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Let me know. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: