River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Winter Projects
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hubcapt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Winter Projects Reply with quote

Well, thought I'd start a new post to see what everyone is going to do to keep themselves busy this winter/slush fest currently.

Ive been gathering up parts here and there for the single cab. Next investment for it will be some sheet-metal, which will come in the form of sacrificing the mango (not for the metal, for some $$$). 2 hands and 6 cars is too much of an uphill battle.

Also have a 1970 sevana beige bug thats parked at a buddies house that I want to throw an engine in so that Im not left out of a vw for the winter. Traded a buddy some tires earlier in the year for some help with a paint job, so it might get a fresh coat after the winter.

Well, what are you up to? Or at least want to be up to?
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No car work for me yet...dammit! I've been really busy finishing out my basement...usually work all day, then retreat to the basement until 10pm...and crash! If only I could put this kind of effort into the bus right now.....but, it will be nice to sit in peace with the surround sound blasting!!!

Scott
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Winter Projects Reply with quote

Once the house project is done, and I get heat out in the shop again. I need to put the hitch on the Micro. Then put an engine in and some fenders on the race car. After that the wife really wants her buggy bolted back together so she can drive it this year
ARR #3
dave66

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: winter project Reply with quote

Being a teacher gives me some extra time during the winter to get some stuff done, however, I just cant seem to get past the "honey-do" list. My goal for this winter it to lift the body off my 66' and begin replacing the pan. The heater channels also need to be cut out. The laundry list is never ending.

I would greatly appreciate any advice any members may have one anything body, pan, heater channel related.
shakajava

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on the wife's white 69' Beetle to get it on the road this spring! It hasn't been down the road for over a year!
Put a new paint job on it and have it around 90% back together. I still need to pop all the windows back in.
Then I need to bolt on a front brake disk kit and new master cylinder I bought.

Long-roofs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to get the '56 Ghia going.
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked all fall to get everything else running, now I am finally able to get back to work on the dune buggy,. It's upside down as we speak, but I am almost done with all the welding on the pan. I have most of the parts to put the Subaru engine in it, but still have to build intake and exhaust manifolds, radiator system, wire the DTA FAST engine management, and figure out how to build a gauge cluster that is hidden except when I want to see it.
Motelcambodia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on my never ending Baja fix up , I need to finish replacing the wiring and fix the seat back, Christmas day trip to 7 Mile ORV left it with out working headlight and a bust seat back. Winter will not stop me from having fun.

Also working on my Race baja a SCORE legal 5/1600 class car. Its a long way from finished .

We need a Baja bug club here . That has good off road rides and I'm not talking about following loging trails or dirt roads ,some hard 4X4 trails we can show the 4 wheelers what a VW can do.

just a quick vid from 7 mile ORV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Z0CRESHAA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: winter projects Reply with quote

I am working on the red bug again, sold my Centerlines and bought new 17"x 7" wheels. I am building a 4" narrowed beam, installing dropped spindles and possibly installing an air ride system. Then I'm gonna get the race car back together and hopefully a roller by spring. Lastly, I need to install the roll cage and engine on the Baja, so I guess I got my winter projects set.
CDA Racer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on alot of water cooled stuff right now.04 Allroad almost done at the body shop. Finishing a R&R on a engine in a 99 passat 1.8T . Rebuilding a engine in a 03 beetle S 1.8t . Need to do a clutch in a 96 Jetta. Then I can finish exhaust and wiring on wife's cabriolet. Maybe I can get this all done in the next two weeks ,then finish paint on the Bug and the wide five convertion on the bug. When all the water cooled stuff is done I can play with my air cooled stuff again.
jengel451

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been working on a couple vintage Ducati's this winter, and getting the R1 Race Prepped.....hehehe Wink
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad safice it to say its been slow this winter. Between holidays, work, snowboarding, this that and the other its been slow. But its a new year now and things will be way different... Rolling Eyes

Well I hope anyways.

Mr. Long-roofs, any word on bar-breakfasts?
smithe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing nothing VW wise, even though I should be. I parted with my 2nd VW this year, the '63. If my work will slow down and I stop taking business trips, I will get to taking out the bus interior and cleaning that up.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did the 63 end up? Spokane still?

Sucks how work gets in the way of working on our veewees, but without them we couldnt Evil or Very Mad
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still in Spokane Cool

...just barely though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: