River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

best shops in WA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rico.Vlastelic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: best shops in WA Reply with quote

Where is the best shop in WA or OR to have my 74 custom Superbeetle completely restored?
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term "restored" has come to have have several meanings. What is it specifically are you wanting to have done? Full body off-everything gone through?
Bad Bug Two

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by best you mean best quality when price is not an issue, then I would recomend.... http://www.rockyjennings.com/

Cool

Rico.Vlastelic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By restored I mean Chip Foose would be jealous to see this bug overhauled. Body off, complete rebuild.
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I don't want to burst your bubble...but as far as builders go in my eyes...it doesn't get much better than Chip Foose when you're considering innovation and imagination. You must have deep pockets my friend....if you want to impress "The Man"....

Scott
dssbk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering... why restore a 74???? I would do something older if I was dumping that kind of cash...
Rico.Vlastelic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Why restore... Reply with quote

[quote="dssbk"]Just wondering... why restore a 74???? I would do something older if I was dumping that kind of cash...[/quote]
It was my first car. Ive had her for almost 20 yrs, and she's sat for the last 8. Its always been a hope of mine to rebuild.
Rico.Vlastelic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: I agree... Reply with quote

[quote="motofly196"]:shock: I don't want to burst your bubble...but as far as builders go in my eyes...it doesn't get much better than Chip Foose when you're considering innovation and imagination. You must have deep pockets my friend....if you want to impress "The Man"....

Scott[/quote]

Pockets are'nt that deep. Just trying to give people an idea of what Im looking for in a good shop.
CustomVW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not met anyone on this side of the state, that is up to what your looking for.
In the greater Seattle area there are three excellent shops for full restorations.
A restoration to me, is repairing the vehicle in a factory style manner.
I have only been in Spokane for 7 years, but as of yet, I have not seen the same level of workmanship from any one person in this city. There are good painters, people that can put floor pans in, good upholstry people, but nobody who does the whole job, and well.
I would love to have met somebody who can in town, because I could sell the work.

I can do all the mechanical, and the floor pans. I lack the skills to do the bodywork, or the paint. interior, you can actually do a great job on your own.

Hope I haven't offended anyone. and please, if you know somebody who does this kind of work in town, let me know his/her name too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: