River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Moving to the area soon... Pics of my VWs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Moving to the area soon... Pics of my VWs Reply with quote

Hey all - I will be moving to Spokane in March... My cars -

1958 euro single cab

1966 Westy

And some of my past stuff...

motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you bringing everything?? The auto moving company must be very happy!! You'll fit in just fine!!!!! Welcome!!!!

Scott
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, only the top two (single and westy) are moving with me.... All of the Beetles are past projects - bought, built, sold.
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Minnesota plates, are you from there, or where are you moving from? Cool truck and bus, can't wait to see them.
smithe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool rides and an early welcome to Spokane. Where in MN are you from? I am originally from MN(born, not raised), but spent some time in highschool in Bloomington back in 83 or 84, and visit family in Stillwater, Pine City and other areas semi regularly.
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smithe wrote:
Cool rides and an early welcome to Spokane. Where in MN are you from? I am originally from MN(born, not raised), but spent some time in highschool in Bloomington back in 83 or 84, and visit family in Stillwater, Pine City and other areas semi regularly.

Weird, I am from St. Paul, East side. Great place to be from....

I had 10 acres up in North Branch, just South of Pine City, nice area.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice rides, its always a pain that we cant keep them all! Welcome to the area. We've got a nice eclectic group of vw guys over here, and 3 months after you move here the Spokane VW show will be happening.
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am originally from Minnesota... Been active duty Air Force for about 12 years. Still run the Minnesota plates, because they're CHEAP!

Was born in Roseau MN, raised in East Grand Forks. Still have lots of family up there.

We're just outside of St Louis right now... Ready to get the heck out of here!!

If anyone has recommendations on the housing market in Spokane, I am ALL EARS! Looking for good schools, good neighborhood, etc.
smithe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming to Fairchild then? That's where I work. As far as good neighborhoods, Spokane has got to be the weirdest place I have ever lived, crappy houses mixed in with nice homes and vice versa. That being said, a lot of the Valley and South Hill are nice, upper North side as well as long as you stay out of the NE part of town(Hillyard).
motofly196

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished up my career here at Fairchild (13 years Active Duty). I was in CES, Heavy Equipment. Most active duty AF here stick to Airway Heights (kinda hit and miss neighborhood, although they do have some really new housing areas). Or they live in Medical Lake area....that's where I'm at. There are some new homes here too, that aren't selling at all...so if you're looking to buy, this is a really good time! Winters are really slow for the housing market here (Plus it'd be nice to have another VW nut in the neighborhood!) Look at Realtor.com zip code 99022
Have you looked at the BAH here? It's worth buying vs. renting here. I'm sure you're like me, and can't stand living on-base with the "don't work on your car policy"....what crap! You can easily get into a home here that your BAH will cover. Anyways....PM me if you've got more questions....Fairchild is a really weird place to be stationed...loaded with retired military in self-made civilian positions. Doesn't matter what squadron...and it's full of 20 year active duty guys that have never been TDY!! Strange...

(Is this "Mark" from Samba? I tried to respond to you on there, but I can't post anything...wont work for me for some reason)

Scott
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use aircooledmark pretty much everywhere, dont post on the samba much at all...

Thanks for the housing info - we are definitely buying (but have to sell a house here at the same time dangit).

More later...
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, I said Samba Embarassed .....I meant KCW's website....
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am mark on KCW. Razz
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I live in Medical Lake, it's exactly 10 minutes from my door to Fairchild's main gate. Airway Heights is closer, but there's only one new neighborhood that's remotely nice, unless you like living in the country. There's alot of places in Airway Heights north of the base that have 5-7 acres....but it's REALLY windy there! I could never find an area that was tree'd and for sale...most places are with no vegitation to block the winds.
Our last 2 winters have been pretty bad here, so if you've got a job that requires you to be on-call...might wanna think about being close. Highway and main arterials near the base have the tendancy to "drift shut" from the wind and snow...probably won't wanna drive that sweet single cab here during the winter....hope you've got a 4x4 Very Happy
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I've got an 04 HEMI Durango 4x4, and I'm definitely not afraid of a little snow... My work is not normally considered mission essential, so I usually live pretty much wherever I want.

We're really leaning towards finding something on the outskirts, where we can have a little bit of property, work on cars and stuff, and not have neighbors breathing down our backs.

My current situation leaves a bit to be desired... Mostly due to nosy neighbors being up in my business every time I walk out the back door of my house.

I've been spending a bunch of time on zillow and realtor.com, not sure what other sites I can hit up to find houses!

Anybody got realtor friends they'd recommend?? We're putting our house on the market in about a month... So if everything works out and we can actually SELL it in a reasonable amount of time, I will be out to Spokane in Nov or early Dec looking for something to BUY!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: