River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

need a good vw mechanic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numberdevil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: need a good vw mechanic Reply with quote

Hi! Just bought my first bug - '72 beetle - and was wondering where to find a good mechanic. Looking for someone who is willing to help me learn about how to work on engines as well as someone who is a good mechanic. Smile
CustomVW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mechanic, no problem. I'm very god, but I'm also $90 an hour on aircooled.

As to showing you how to work on your engine, probably not. I may give a few pointers on tuning, and adjustment of the carb and valves, but I typically can't teach you and run a business.

I really like teaching, and I'm prety good at it, but I'm just to swamped to stop and help people for free anymore.

I feel really bad saying it like that, but the cost of everything is going up, and up, and I've gotta catch up.

Sometimes, when I'm not busy (it does happen) I'm am completely willing to help out, but if I'm crowded, it's not gona happen.

This may be a bit of bragging, but when and aircooled leaves here, I like to be able to pump the pedal once and then just tap the starter for it to light....that's my goal of tuning....
colxvws63

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site ,you should try to come to the club engine rebuild classes ,lots of freindly advise and lots of knowledge and quit a bit of VW fun .Keep an eye on the web site and Troy will be posting the next class soon.
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: need a good vw mechanic Reply with quote

Due to everyones different schedules, the next class will probably be mid August. I will post the date as soon as I know it.
ARR #3
numberdevil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! Very Happy

CustomVW, I understand what you were saying about your business. You are in Hillyard? I think I have heard of you before.

Looks like the club engine rebuild classes is what I was looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: