River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Traded for Klyees63's BAJA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CustomVW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Traded for Klyees63's BAJA Reply with quote

As stated I traded some work for his BAJA.
I would like to personally apologize for the slight issue he had on the way home. When he dropped it off I barely remember him telling me that some of the holes in his drum were stripped out, and the wheel fell off about half a block from the shop on a test drive. I had to timsert each hole due to not being able to remove the nut on his rear drum.
Sad but true, the repair was solid, I drove it four or five blocks and came back. He picked it up, and I guess after a bitmore driving he found out that the inserts were slightly too long and chewed his brake up a bit.

Haven't head from him since, and don't want any bad blood for the problems. Sorry, and believe it wasn't a normal thing to happen.
grim reaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CustomVW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, glad the beam at least looks right. and the license is held on with a much better system.
If anyone can't tell, I built a beam for him. King and links, and bushings. Plus a lowering beam I had forgotten about. Looks like he put a drum on the back...good.
Kylees63

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris sorry I havent been around , been in Seattle alot, and otherwise working pretty constantly.
Everythings all good man I'm really pleased with the beam. The issue with the drum is worked out and I'm fine with it. I was upset that day cause I had kids to pick up within minutes and no possible way to get the drum off to fix the wheel cylinder. I had to drive aways on it and was afraid it was going to fall off, or leak all my brake fluid out. Had to replace the shoes, wheel cyl and re-machine the drum to get it back on the road.
Anyway I'm fine with it. I would like to stop and square up with you, I'm close to needing that long block and bumpers. Let me know if you have a S/P already done or if I need to bring in my 1300. I'm fine either way.
Kevin 218-5025

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: