River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Need Help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shredder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Need Help... Reply with quote

Blew out exhaust seat in 40 horse head, need to find shop to repair. Heads off in hand, where can I get this fixed. I'm over here in Coeur d' Alene...THX!
floydismydog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
hubcapt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why loosing an exhaust is funny, but I would venture to guess finding a good used replacement head would be cheaper than the head service. I know at the moment I do not have any but doesn't there are not any within the area.
Shredder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Hubcapt ...xolnt idea... I'm surprised this " club" " site" has little(?) resources... Guess I'll move off to craigslists and samba...
Ps... Yeah I don't get the funny face reply either?
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Need Help.. Reply with quote

Sorry not enough resources here for you, not many people doing what you are asking any more. Try Cylinder Head Service up north, they used to do VW heads, possible Fred Meyer up in Carreywood. Next would be Northwest Connecting Rod in the Renton/Kent area, after that Brothers machine or Rimco in CA. All of them will probably only want to do the whole rebuild on the heads not just a single seat/valve. Was a set of NOS square boss 40hp heads on Samba pretty cheap the other day. Not as easy or cheap to work on a 40hp compared to a 13-1600 based engine.
ARR #3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: