River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in
 
Look what came home with me today.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
smithe



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 277
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Look what came home with me today. Reply with quote

Bought today, it's a '64 body on a '71 pan, '71 dual port, disc brakes, that sort of thing. Paid $2k for it and a ton of extra parts. It's by no means perfect, but drives very well.




Back to top
motofly196



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 438
Location: Medical Lake

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride! Any chance you picked it up on Fairchild AFB? Or Airway heights? I saw one just like it listed on Craigslist...the guy also had a really clean orange one too. I have way too many projects already, but it sure looked to be a GREAT deal! Congrats!!

Scott
Back to top
smithe



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 277
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Sweet ride! Any chance you picked it up on Fairchild AFB? Or Airway heights? I saw one just like it listed on Craigslist...the guy also had a really clean orange one too. I have way too many projects already, but it sure looked to be a GREAT deal! Congrats!!

Scott

Yup that's the one, on FAFB, I missed out on the '63 he had. For the money, I think I did alright. It's a real nice car from 15 to 20 feet, but that's ok, it's so fun to drive with the top down. Also got quite a few spare parts and items with it to sweeten the deal. Gonna have to fight my wife, and teenage sons, for who get's to drive it I think.

Here's a few more pics.


Fake whitewalls still look neat, once again, from the 15 to 20 feet distance.


Back to top
CustomVW



Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 323
Location: Hillyard off market st. and gordon

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!
Back to top
SprÝ Norsk



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 331
Location: Oly

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah,
I nearly went out to look at this car.


congrats on the purchase Cool
Back to top
shakajava



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 48
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!! When can I take it for a test drive?? Are you going to enter it in the Bug Fair?
_________________
69' Beetle CA Look 1500SP
71' Super 1600DP
Back to top
smithe



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 277
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SprÝ Norsk wrote:
ah,
I nearly went out to look at this car.


congrats on the purchase Cool

Thanks, it's got issues for sure, but it drives pretty nice. I am sure the more I dig into it, the more I will say WTF?

shakajava wrote:
Very nice!! When can I take it for a test drive?? Are you going to enter it in the Bug Fair?

As what? It's a $2k convertible Karmann Ghia, I suppose if the "judges" stand back about 30 feet I will enter it Very Happy
Back to top
Spectre_USA



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 105
Location: Up da hill.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize, of course, that you suck mightily, yeah?

Sorry, it just needed to be said. Razz

Congrats on a Sierra Hotel little ride.

Jealous, me? No, never happen...

_________________
Back to top
Spiel_Mit_Mir



Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

You should enter it into the Spring Fling car show.

Just sayin'...
Back to top
CustomVW



Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 323
Location: Hillyard off market st. and gordon

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enter it anyway. THink of it this way...you get the best parking!!! a t-shirt, and your supporting the local scene. I'm gonna even enter my 72, and it has a pathc in the hood!
Back to top
smithe



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 277
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre_USA wrote:
You realize, of course, that you suck mightily, yeah?

Sorry, it just needed to be said. Razz

Congrats on a Sierra Hotel little ride.

Jealous, me? No, never happen...


LOL

Spiel_Mit_Mir wrote:
Nice!

You should enter it into the Spring Fling car show.

Just sayin'...

I would love too, and I was gonna put our work in progress bus in, but it's right when I am at work Sad

CustomVW wrote:
Enter it anyway. THink of it this way...you get the best parking!!! a t-shirt, and your supporting the local scene. I'm gonna even enter my 72, and it has a pathc in the hood!

Would be cool, but see above for reason I can't.
Back to top
CustomVW



Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 323
Location: Hillyard off market st. and gordon

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not a valid excuse. One of us could bring it down for ya. I did that witha customers car I had just built a motor for. Delivered it to them at the show. Detailed.
Back to top
smithe



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 277
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CustomVW wrote:
Still not a valid excuse. One of us could bring it down for ya. I did that witha customers car I had just built a motor for. Delivered it to them at the show. Detailed.

Nice offer, but "bondo bucket" is not going in any shows Razz
Back to top
CustomVW



Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 323
Location: Hillyard off market st. and gordon

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol "bondo bucket"
Back to top
smithe



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 277
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a fair amount, but I felt the price and great looks from 20' were worth it. I mean, it's a convertible!
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


© River City Volkswagen Club, Powered by phpBB
Site Design and Hosting provided by Polestar Internet Services