River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Shop night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Shop night Reply with quote

OK, We are going to start doing the Friday shop nights again, but this time, we will be working on the Chump Car.
Troy, Jim, and I are going to race a gnarly old Ghia.

This Friday, my house, 6 o clock. We will be rebuilding CV joints, maybe removing the engine from my silver car.
Send a PM if you need to know how to get to my house.

Steve
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everybody who came last night, we got a lot done. I am looking forward to this whole adventure.
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be working on the car again this Friday. Possible jobs include: replacing the shift bushing in the tunnel, rear brakes, motor mounts, clutch and throttle cables. shocks, too
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to work on Friday. We need to figure out why it doesn't sit level, make sure the disc brakes clear the wheels. No shortage of work.
come check it out.
Steve
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: THE TOPIC IS BRAKES Reply with quote

Specifically bus brakes, I made a quick stop today with ol yeller and something let go inside. So, anybody interested in learning about brakes, here ya go.
6 at my place, I'll buy the pizza.
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: THE TOPIC IS BRAKES Reply with quote

ONEBADBUG wrote:
Specifically bus brakes, I made a quick stop today with ol yeller and something let go inside. So, anybody interested in learning about brakes, here ya go.
6 at my place, I'll buy the pizza.

Was this tonight? I do enough Bus brakes, makes my head hurt Smile but, I would come out and have a beer and talk about Bus brakes.
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shop night is always Friday. You can be our guest instructor, your experience will certainly be more recent than mine. besides, these are the same brakes you were driving on, what- 5 years ago?
Hey, did you find me a turn lens?
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, it was more like 2001 when I was driving that truck, moving Tommy, when the engine fell out on me at Pacific, hard to forget that one. Junk yard guys thought I should just leave the truck too... Laughing

I can come out tonight, not til 6:30 or so.

Lenses? Well, not looking good so far. People have bought them all.
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, what are your plans with the brakes tonight? Find the problem, or do all the brakes? If you buy parts, the right rear rubber hose is special for early Bays, so don't let them sell you a Beetle or early Bus one, 211 611 775 CMY 11 1/2" long, one male, one female ends.

Rear drums are special for '68's as well, 615 F. I think I have a couple around.

Sounds like I have a couple of my 'good time buddies' coming too.
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to leave the diagnosis and everything for folks to do, but when I pulled him into the shop, the problem became pretty clear. The front to rear brake line exploded. It needs EVERYTHING so I'm off to Litehouse to buy whatever stuff they have in stock. Sounds like it will be mostly a beer drinking night, nothing wrong with that!
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck at Litehouse, they will have 10% of what you need.... and that front to rear line will be tough in one piece.
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try this again. I have several Chumpcar things to do, some are normal maintenance type. Lot's of learning opportunities. Friday at my house. 6 pm.
dukebradbury

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
Good luck at Litehouse, they will have 10% of what you need.... and that front to rear line will be tough in one piece.

10% if your lucky!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: