River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Any ideas????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dssbk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Any ideas???? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a CSP IDA linkage setup for my Bug and came across a minor problem....after mounting everything I found that the linkage wont clear my MSD Distributor. So, now I have to decide if I want to go back to an 009 dizzy and sell my MSD set up, or go with one of those new Compu-Tronix DIS setups. Anybody out there ever ran one of these DIS setups before??? Are they any good??? I would hate to get rid of my MSD setup for something that is not worth the effort. My next option would be a CB performance linkage. THANKS
jengel451

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the feedback I've seen regarding the MSD setup, you may not be losing a lot by getting rid of it. I'm running a Bosch 010 and it's actually doing pretty damn good with my 2276. May be an option for you.

I would try and stay with the CSP linkage or go with Berg before going with a cross bar setup, right now, I think the cross bar is my weak link in my ability to get my setup exactly right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: