River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

1970 ghia coupe for sale contact me for photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocknroland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: 1970 ghia coupe for sale contact me for photos Reply with quote

For sale
1970 VW Karman ghia. It is in the middle of a restoration. It needs paint and a few restoration parts that can be easily found and a new/rebuilt pedal cluster I’ll include the ghia specialties catalog which is included in the deal . Basically most of the bodywork is fine but on the driver side there is a need for body work a base coat of bondo has been used after beating out the body panels not much rust some around the torsion bar covers and door. We have some body rubber, door panels and stuff like a right side mirror.

The motor is a 2.1 liter type 1 (new cases) with about 50 miles on it from being pro built (northwest con-rod - jerry). It has a Engle cam 120 a CB stroked 84mm forged crank, an msd AL ignition, Mallory race master coil, berg deep sump and remote cooler, Bergman 911 alternator and fan, Weber 44idf currently tuned with 32 MM chokes a set of 34mm venturis go with it when sold (the 34MM will give more high end it’s currently tuned for street strip (more low speed torque- sort of). Chrome alloy pushrods, full bypass oil system, powered fan oil cooler with automatic thermostat. Bosch 009 distributor New valves, springs and worked heads and a 3 point breather system. The engine cost total 2700$

The transmission is a street strip tyranny, it’s welded up and has different gears (don’t remember the numbers but it is a short ratio with normal 4th gear). With the larger chokes it rocks but it does with the 32mm throats also. The webers cost 750 bucks the tranny cost 600$

The gas tank is new, a front swaybar, the adjustable front beam is installed, new steering box, 4 wheel disc brakes, bearings and new brake disks, and the wheels are real forged Porsche 914 alloys worth $300+ each. So it stops great and once warmed up it is tuned just right (the car comes with a CB air/fuel ratio meter and it reads slight rich under load as it should be then it leans out and stays on the money for cruising.

It needs a pedal assembly or a rebuild of the existing pedal assembly the gas pedal or throttle cable is broken
Pictures of it on request.

For an additional 1,500 I throw in 700 miles of use Porsche recaro electric seats from a 93 turbo carrera the seats are bitchen….and fully adjustable via switches
Contact
Roland_shaak@hotmail.com or send me a mail and I’ll give you my phone number so I can discuss with you what’s up with it.

This is my wife’s car and she simply doesn’t want to finish restoring it she has other interests now and I can’t buy it cuz I’m doing a 914 restoration so I’m tapped otherwise I would restore it

Car is located in Washington State Seattle area
Asking 3,000$$ firm (she has spent about 8 grand on it over 5 years it is mechanically perfect needs paint and interior that’s all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: