River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Metaline Falls Show and Go !!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Bs Bug N Buggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Metaline Falls Show and Go !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

LeAnn, Taz and I headed out Friday after work to the Metaline show Ovalback VW had invited us all to, LeAnn was born in Metaline Falls and raised much of her younger years there, so we figured it would be a good excuse to go back and check out her old stompin grounds.

We arrived at the Bowlin Family residence about 8:20 P.M., Chris, Chrissy, Nathan and Serena were unbelievable hosts to us all weekend, anything we needed or wanted was at our disposal. THANKS GUYS.

When we arrived, we had gotten rained on, on the way up so we unloaded the buggy in the lightening and Chris had cleared a spot in the shop to park the buggy before we got there, here was the parking that was setup for any VW's that showed if it was raining....

We then setup our camp at the spot Chris had cleared for us....

Afterwards we went up to the house and of course had to rummage VW stuff..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sat morning this is the view LeAnn and I woke up to......

We then headed downtown to the show, about three blocks.... Laughing Laughing ...had a blast, ate some good food and ice cream too... Laughing Laughing Laughing

After the show got over the fun began, since LeAnn was raised in the area she knew it well and we headed out on some buggy time. We headed down for gas then went on a loop around Sullivan lake, into Ione and back......here's a few picks......

Sullivan Lake in front of us........

stop at Sullivan creek.....awesome beauty......

Growing up LeAnn hated crossing the Orange bridge, so of course we did that and I stopped on it, anyone who has not been there it is all grate, you can see through it.

My sister lives on the Pend Oreille river so we stopped there for a chat, my Bro and his family were also up for the weekend....

LeAnn and I at my sisters place......

Then back to Chris' house for dinner and BS session.....the buggy parked itself funny at camp... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Who could this be invading the camp site???????

Got up Sunday quite late and found a youngster to give a ride to....this is Nathan, Chris' son......we went looking for the bear...... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Then Chris and I went up to a friend of his house and look what we found, an ovalback VW.......

Then Chris lead me into the woods up to a rock Query, well we never made it that far, but we did find some fun in there....... Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

This is looking out from there over the town.......

photo op....... Laughing Laughing Laughing

FUN FUN FUN........... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well back to the house we went, loaded up some VW stuff, broke down camp and had to depart, sad to go it was a GREAT TIME with GREAT HOSTS, thanks Bowlin family, and Serena I promise to be back to give ya a ride.....

This is Chris and I back at the house before leaving to Spokane...

These picks some up the trip.......Thanks guys............

Can't forget this one......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dune Buggies are unequaled in "smiles per mile"
ovalback_vw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Darren, You guys are so welcome we had a blast. what better way to spend the weekend than with good friends and doing vw stuff Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: