River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

The Great Spokane Road Rally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
58 panel van

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: The Great Spokane Road Rally Reply with quote

I am let you know that Greater Spokane County Meals on Wheels is having a Road Rally on July 15, 2017. We are hoping that some of our club members might be interested in participating.

A little bit about “The Great Spokane Road Rally” it is going to be a full day of fun. First, you work in a team of 2. We start out at the South Side Senior Center (9:00 am check-in), we have opening ceremonies, and then you will be handed a passport. In that passport will find clues on how to find 8 different Pit Stops that are located throughout the county. Once you are at the pit stop, you will do a challenge. It is not a physical challenge, but ones that I am sure you will find funny. At some of the challenges you can even pay for a Mulligan and make participating team have to work a little harder, or try to improve your score. After you have completed all of the pit stops you will return to the South Side Senior Center and while we are tabulating results you can participate (or watch) valve cover racing. We will be having a beer and wine social at the same time. If you have a racer, please bring them to race. If you do not have one, we will have 9 to 10 to sell. We plan to then kick off a BBQ around 3:30 and handout awards and prizes. We should have you out the door so to say at around 5:00 pm.

Yes, and I did say awards. How you win the awards is based on how well you do at the challenges. There will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, awards for the overall winners. For every pit stop there will be a winner too.

Prizes, yes, I also said prizes. We are still working out the details of all the items that can be won, but there have been some very generous donations given from all areas of Spokane. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed. I do know that we are offering the car club that brings the most teams will be winning a great prize too!

Ok now for the legal stuff. THIS IS NOT A RACE! You must be 21 or older. You must have a valid drivers license. You must have current auto insurance (both DL and insurance will be checked at check-in.) You must drive a car or a truck (no semi) and it must be street legal.

Here is the best part for car clubs we are offering a discount! This is a 1st year event for us, so we are trying to get the word out. We have had great community support, now we really need folks to participate. And best of all, all money raised goes to help seniors in our community!

1 team - $150.00 or $75.00 per person
3 teams – 1 of these teams goes for free or $100.00 per team or $50.00 per person.
5 teams – 2 of these teams goes for free or $90.00 per team or $45.00 per person.
7 teams – 3 of these teams goes for free or $85.00 per team or $42.50 per person.
9 teams – 4 of these teams goes for free or $83.33 per team or $41.67 per person
11 teams or more – 5 of these teams goes for free or $81.82 per team or $40.91 per person and any additional teams over 11 will pay the $81.82 per team or $40.91 per person

For the team discount, a person does not have to be in a car club, it does not matter to us who is in your group to form the discount. Please go to spokaneroadrally.com to learn more. We really hope that you can join us for a great day of driving and having a fun time. If you are planning on doing the team discount, you must call GSC MOW to register, because we have a secret code we need to register you with. Please register soon as we do limit out at 100 teams. That number is 509-924-6976.

Thank you from all of us at Greater Spokane County Meals on Wheels and those that are making this event happen!

Terri Wagar
Co-Chair – The Great Spokane Road Rally
terriw@shfi.com
58 panel van

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Thank You! Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you to Troy and Dennis for coming to the Road Rally, setting up, and running the valve cover races. I so appreciate you taking time out of your Saturday and helping with our event. This kind of support is what makes an event great! You both are awesome!

A little bit about the Road Rally... It really turned out to be a great event, better than even I could have thought going into it. Folks were calling me throughout the rally letting me know that they were having a blast. I even had one gal stop me and say that it was the funnest, fundraiser that she had ever been to! That just makes my heart happy!

As for the valve cover races, we set the 9 valve cover racers out in the morning. We sold them for $10.00 and they were gone in 15 minutes. Some were bought and re-sold even! So funny! 3 were returned at the end and they will be sold again next year. The trophy for the winner of the valve cover race was a work of art! I will get some pictures up soon on the Spokane Road Rally FB page and web site. We are now hoping to get at least 30 valve cover racers ready to go for next year's event, and there will be a beauty contest too! Folks really enjoyed the valve cover racing.

The final total is not quite in yet, waiting on a couple of bills to still come in, but the total money raised is estimated at between $10,000 to $12,000. Not to bad for something that I was hoping to break even on. What this really means is that there are a lot of seniors in our community that will not be going hungry! This is what this event is really all about.

Thank you again!! Thank you to the gentleman who had the track and let us use it! Thank you for all that you do!

(Sorry, I am not able to come to the meeting on Wednesday. I am going to take the Nash to the car show at Ron's. One of the volunteers for the Road Rally is putting it on, so I am wanting to support him also. We could always move our meeting to Ron's Very Happy )
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: The Great Spokane Road Rally Reply with quote

Congrates on the results, fun afternoon!
ARR #3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: