River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Vapor lock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDMorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Vapor lock Reply with quote

I am having a BAD vapor lock issue. Can you suggest anyone that knows how to re-run the line in a Karmann Ghia to remedy this issue?
I am in Cheney and can go from the Valley Mall area to home and it is then a done deal for running. Therefore need someone close enough so I can get it to them. No shops locally will touch it. Not VW guys. I do not work on autos myself so suggestions on how just doesn't work. Just got it back from a 2 year restore and miss my car badly but still am not able to drive it. I am desperate. Isn't there some Cheney area guy out there who wants to earn some bucks Wink
Thanks
Debbie
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Vapor lock Reply with quote

Is this a new or on going problem? Has the fuel tank been cleaned? Fuel filter? What makes you think vapor lock, does it quit running or just not restart when shut off?
ARR #3
DDMorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, new since I just got the car back from being restored. The guy put in a rebuilt 1600 he had for me since mine was on its last legs and it was bubbling in the fuel line when I got home. I am having him put my own carb back in it from my old motor and see if it helps tomorrow. I have had in the past multiple problems with vapor locks but it has been parked for 10 years before this restore so I didn't fall through the floor pan.
Now after spending huge amount of money making it pretty I still can't drive it. Bummed.
DDMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: vapor lock Reply with quote

Well, I stopped by a shop today and ordered and scheduled for a new carb since that seems to be the problem. Thanks for your question/response Troy. Hopefully, it will be regularly running and I will show up to one of your meetings.
jvan_wert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your fuel line my be picking up to much heat from you intake manifold. Try clipping a clothes pin on the fuel line where it passes over the intake runner on the left side of the engine so that there is no direct contact with the intake manifold and the fuel line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: