River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

CHANGING FROM BALL JOINT BULK HEAD TO LINK PIN BULK HEAD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TROY WALTERS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: CHANGING FROM BALL JOINT BULK HEAD TO LINK PIN BULK HEAD Reply with quote

JUST A QUICK HI.

IM TROY WALTERS AND IM IN NEED OF SOME INFO ABOUT CHANGING THE BULKE HEAD ON MY 1973 BUG TO LINKE PIN im building what i hope will be a bad baja bug not a wenne bug but a fire breathing big tired hi jumping one. and i have been told to use link pin beam like a warrior that can handle stress but thay only make it in link pin so im in need of some body that knows vw to weld on the new bulk head or any othere ideas? thanks.

also is the club meeting still on dec 6 at 7.30 i would like to come and find out about member ship.
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, no need to shout Smile

If you are serious about a dune jumping baja I would go with a tube frame and custom modified coilover suspension, like that seen on sand rails
TROY WALTERS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS for the tip.

but is there some where i can buy . or some one in the spokane area that can build the tub frame
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: CHANGING FROM BALL JOINT BULK HEAD TO LINK PIN BULK HEAD Reply with quote

Joe at J&B Welding 928-0701 can build you a tube chassis . Yes club meeting is on the 6th , starts at 7pm . TROY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: