River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Volksfest 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doodoob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandals wrote:
Doodoob wrote:
So now the wife wants to know if there are showers? I said no, it was bare bones.......but she wants to know.

Not that I know of. I'm kind of a dirty guy though, so I may be the wrong one to ask. Wink

I just about fell out of my chair laughing.................................. Laughing
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doodoob wrote:
So now the wife wants to know if there are showers? I said no, it was bare bones.......but she wants to know.

365 days a year, tell her she can shower the other 364 days. Smile
frhrwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doodoob wrote:
frhrwa wrote:
sandals wrote:
I think most of us are heading over on Saturday. What exactly do you need help with? If you need help working on your restoration, I am not sure that is something you will find at a car show. Unless you are looking for a shop to take over the project for you.
how and where to put these rubber seals around doors, etc.. window sills, window wiper rubber, .. not much, just don't have a clue how to get the window guides in and a few goodies.. then I can have my interior done..

What year? And exactly what seals? Door seals, window, cal look or with trim........i assume you are talking about the felt for the window guides.
Youtube is your friend on these.........Classic VW Bugs(brightleyefilms) has a few videos on it. If you were closer I would say just come over and I would help ya.

its a 1979 Super Beetle Convertable, needs the window sills installed, window scrapes, whatever those rubber gasket seals are that go on the ends of the doors, the one between the door and the front windshield, just a few, not many, just not sure about the window ones that the windows slide down in.. can't seem to get the windows out of the way.. ? probably an hour or two job for someone knowlegeable on VW's.... and I "think" I have the stuff, bought most from LIghthouse Auto.. actually, have 2 of somethings. like I have a brand new extra windshield rubber if anyone is looking? I'd put a picture in here, but haven't figured out how to do it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if your interior restoration includes new a new headliner, you'll want to deal with that before you put your windows/windshield back in.

One who knows

frhrwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a convertable, no headliner needed, and the windshield is in, its the side windows that need the slides or guides, and the wipes or whatever they are called, I have all of that, just don't know how it goes in.. thanks.. wayne 481.1200

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandals wrote:
Head down Saturday, head back Sunday, late afternoon. Dry camping is five bucks a head. It's a nice place, all on the grass in a city park in Moxee.

So, what do you do once you get there? There IS this one novel I've been wanting to read. I suppose no pets are allowed. Is there a website?

sandals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floydismydog wrote:
sandals wrote:
Head down Saturday, head back Sunday, late afternoon. Dry camping is five bucks a head. It's a nice place, all on the grass in a city park in Moxee.

So, what do you do once you get there? There IS this one novel I've been wanting to read. I suppose no pets are allowed. Is there a website?

We usually leg wrestle to the point of exhaustion, then sit in chairs and drink beer.
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't there....but isn't this the event where "Hubcap T" bowling originated?
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
I wasn't there....but isn't this the event where "Hubcap T" bowling originated?

Nope, that was last year's Tri-Cities show. Bowling for porta-potties was a lot of fun!
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of beer?
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floydismydog wrote:
What kind of beer?

Cold, wet, dark, and high ABV.
Doodoob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am going and the wife says she is going also. That being said my master cylinder and resevoir are supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon. So with any luck the brakes will be finished tomorrow, then thursday I can cut and weld the tow bar to fit my narrowed beam, friday is clean and pack. Look forward to meeting you all Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good...my whole family will be there. Looking forward to meeting you too. We're tent camping...might have to dig out the tent heater, I don't think my grillin' skills will be appreciated by the Northwest fire-fighters with all the fires out here lately. Gonna pack sammaches this show Rolling Eyes Getting yelled at one show a year is enough for me!
Doodoob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Sounds good...my whole family will be there. Looking forward to meeting you too. We're tent camping...might have to dig out the tent heater, I don't think my grillin' skills will be appreciated by the Northwest fire-fighters with all the fires out here lately. Gonna pack sammaches this show Rolling Eyes Getting yelled at one show a year is enough for me!
Sounds like the same thing I was planning!
floydismydog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* I suppose this means that a full contact bus buffing marathon is out of the question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: