River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Spring Meet 12'....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motofly196

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric and Adam should be rollin back in town tonight. Called me from Butte this morn. I got swap spaces already on the Pre-reg thing, cause the line last year sucked! Unfortunately, we have soccer/ pictures next Sat morn, so I won't be leaving until later in the afternoon. Just gonna take the Silverado to make it safe, I really don't want to drive the pass at night in the bus. I trust myself....not other drivers! Corey/ Kaleb/ Ryan, are you guys wanting to crash at Peter's in Issaquah? I'll PM you the address to his place if you want. I promised the family a hotel, so we'll probably hang out at Peter's for awhile, then retreat to some warm beds for the night.

Scott
wheezzy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandals wrote:
Not sure if I have middle seat belts, though, I'll have to check.

I'm not too concerned about the seat belts, unless its Johnny law you are worried about. I just need room for me and a duffel bag with my sleeping gear.
Well maybe i should take a cot and my canopy too. i hear it rains sometimes over there
sandals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about the Fuzz, I just figured you guys might want some belts.

Scott, I have no idea what the camping/sleeping/motel situation is going to be over there, so if you have a hookup for a safe place for us bums to camp out, that would be excellent.
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welded up one missing bumper mount nut, and mounted the rear bumper this morning. Finished up some small bits, then went for a nice cruise. Bus is running excellent. Pulled out some of the crap that was inside (amazing how quickly a bus fills up with crap when you don't use if for a few months) and installed the middle seat. Popped the top to air it out a bit, and started a pile of crap to sell to the unsuspecting hordes at the Spring Meet.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if your bringing a pile of crap I better spray some clear coat on mine, shiny crap always sells better
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you bringing any large crap, or just small smelly stuff? If it's big, I'll try to leave room.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple engine cores, trannnies, a 68 bug pan with title and 4 milk crates of 8 track tapes....

Nah, nothing too big, muffler, gas tank, and whatever else I can fish up before we go
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have my engine in tomorrow, do a test drive. Thinking about washing and waxing the Bus first. Confused
wheezzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any plans yet as far as a meeting point and leaving time on Sat?
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm headed to Spokangeles about 8:00 AM. I can swing by Kaleb's place first, then stop at your place on the way out? Or do you want to meet us somewhere? Can your wife deliver you to Denny's? Eric and I discussed an approximate jump-off time of 10:00-ish.

Loaded the bus with tools (heavy load) and drove about 100 miles today. Headed to my mother-in-law's cabin at Davis lake. Burned slash piles and used the bus jack to lift the failing deck back into place. Worked like a charm. When I got home there was a puddle of oil. It appears that the brand new oil cooler seals are leaking. Or the oil cooler. Guess I'm pulling the engine again tomorrow. Yeah!
wheezzy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I could have the wife drop me off up next to the hwy somwhere. Probly the gas station @ Exit 272 (Medical lake) would work best.
I've always wondered what it would be like to sit there with my thumb up trying to hitch a ride to the westside. I see em there all the time, their eyes light up when they see a bus coming down the road. Then u can see the disappointment when I drive right by the on ramp. Sad

Last edited by wheezzy on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wheezy, just watch out for the purple truckers when hitchin' Shocked
sandals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone wants to know how to install oil cooler seals incorrectly, I am here to help.

motofly196

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa muscle man...put some serious torque on that lone stud huh? This was in the engine you guys took to Portland? Good thing it gave out close to home!!!

Scott
(It never feels like the factory torque is enough...but I put trust in those ol' German engineers!!!)
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a result of tighten two studs before the single? I can not recall seeing that before. You a Go now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: