River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

The Great pumpkin-1972 140k California Beetle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: The Great pumpkin-1972 140k California Beetle Reply with quote

Sold

This car comes with a bit of history.
I am listing this for the second owner of the car. It originally came from Sacramento and has all bits of paperwork with the car. The car is extremely solid and quite original. The original owner had the car painted in the past over the L20 B brilliant orange paint but if a person were adventurous enough the paint could be taken down to the og stuff, if desired. The paint match is incredibly close. The car has a registered 140k mile history. The current owner has simply found that he does not have the time for the car any longer as it mostly sits in the garage. The car has been garaged it's entire life and is currently here in Spokane.

The breakdown

Body:
-SOLID. Zero rust. Two small waves on the passenger door not very noticeable. Shopping cart styled.
-All parts in place
-Some light overspray here and there. If this were my car I would simply work with some cleaner and remove some of this overspray.
-Aftermarket sunroof-Does not leak

Underside
-Channels are 100% solid with factory paint in great condition. Drains are clear.
-Pans are in great shape
-Battery tray has two small pin holes and is very sound.

Mechanics
All stock! This car will drive anywhere in any weather and do it with a smile. The heat system works fantastic!
Literally everything works on this car. Windsheild sprayer, horn, key buzzer, radio with og speaker (not blown!) and domelight included! All correct stickers are still in place, all cardboard, all engine tin, etc.
-1600 Dual Port-To be brutally honest it could use a touch of tuning. The car runs and drives GREAT, however a tweak here and there would not hurt. I am picky on how these run though. All stock and in good shape.
-New Carb. And Coil.
-According to the owner the car just starting leaving a couple drips on the pavement. I believe it is just from a lousy oil change without replacing all the washers. Very minimal and less than typical for an old volksie.
-Trans. Is in great shape. No grinds growls or moaning.
-Brakes are very tight.
-Nearly brand new tires.
-KYB GR2 shocks

Insides
Og stuff. The car was ordered with the cloth option rather than the vinyl. The driver’s seat could use some upholstery work but the rest is very presentable. All door panels are great and all windows roll up and down well.
All glass is good.

So, as stated, the car is a good driver or whatever it may be. I personally have driven the car around town and it is a great little car. I was the 3rd person to really drive the car. The car was “gone through” in 2006 replacing anything that needed replacing. There are less than 10k miles on anything that was replaced at that time.

Any questions? Ask! I am more than willing to get the answers if I am not able to give an immediate answer. If desired; more pictures are available.

It is a sweet little car.

Last edited by Sprø Norsk on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: