River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Help! need seat parts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoSlo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Help! need seat parts! Reply with quote

I'm redoing my Westie's seats and found the driver's seat has one coil spring broken with 3 turns on the coil gone, one of the long sssss shaped coils is broken and the backrest has a broken cross brace.

The backrest can be welded (I'm hoping....anyone got a welder?) but the springs, especially the coil spring has to be replaced. Anyone got a old seat laying around that I cold use for parts? I know that VW used a lot of different frame configurations but how about the springs? Seems like they should be a lot alike.

Any help would be appreciated...I'm kinda stuck until the seat is fixed. It wouldn make much sense to put new seat covers over a broken frame. However, the seat does have a rather vintage snap, crackle and pop to it now...

Thanks,
Tom

Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Help! need seat parts! Reply with quote

Tom , I have a late model bug seat you could look at , or you might try Chuck on the South Hill , he may have a bus seat . I you want to try him , his number is 263-6725 . TROY
SoSlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Help! need seat parts! Reply with quote

Thanks, Troy...I apprecite the response. Pam and I took a little vacation to a B&B on Diamond Lake and while we were up there I found a small wrecking yard on the way to Newport that had a few busses in the yard. I found a complete front seat and a whole bunch of little Westfalia parts for $20 !!!!! I just love old wrecking yards!!! I walked in the yard and the first thing I saw was an early '60's Kellison dune buggy...great yard, It made my vacation....but don't read too much into that!

thanks, again,
Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: