River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Directions to get to the Lind Run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Directions to get to the Lind Run Reply with quote

Alright this is what I have:
Hwy 395 to mile marker 183
Exit on Hwy 21 Lind/ Kahlotus
It is 1 mile into town and the first thing you will see on your right is the Demo Derby Arena
The street you are on is Second St. Continue on and you will see the city park on your right

You will pass through the happening town of Lind

The count location is Second and Wilber

On the left side of the corner you will see a large pile of gravel that is there now but might not be day of the count.

We are going to park in the large gravel parking lot behind the large pile of gravel.
This gravel parking area is behind the red brick Grange building

We also can park along side of the Grange building

The Grange building should be open for us to use the bathrooms. There is no shade in the area so bring your own. The area is light industrial but should be very light while we are there but watch your kids. Nothing else should be said on this subject.
Count time was moved up to 12pm so we could make the BBQ in the park.
Total distance from the Demo Derby Area to where we are counting cars is 1.2 miles. I say this because it might be easier to leave your car and then walk or bike to the BBQ and Demo Derby Area depending on traffic.
BBQ is held in the city park from 12-1ish. Plates I am told are heaping and cost $8 don't know about kid plates.
Combine Demo Derby starts between 2-3 more towards 3 I am told and go until 9 or later. Cost I don't know but I know they serve beer!
I was asked about tent camping cost. Posted on the Lind City website RV sites are $25 a night here is a picture of them

It is a large open field behind the Demo Derby Area with no hook ups. A worker at the Arena said you can put a tent anywhere and then they laughed so take it for what it is worth. I am planning on heading home to spend the night in my bed.
Hope this helps.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job Chris!!

I dont think we've ever headed out of town with so much info!!

That field looks mighty inviting to me and my wallet Very Happy
motofly196

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the pre-trip recon convoy photos Chris! Kaleb, you gonna pack your lawnmower in the bus so you can camp? Laughing I'm not sure if we're going to camp or not yet...I still haven't built the engine for the bus!! Time's a tickin!!!! Thanks for the info Chris.

Scott
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Directions to get to the Lind Run Reply with quote

You have the red car for backup if you don't finish the bus. You have to have the bus done for Vintage though!
ARR #3
motofly196

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Driving the 62' is definately an option, but I'd need to leave here around 6am to make the car count at noon! My goal is to swap out of the bus at the Vintage meet this year...that would be a blast!

Scott
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Directions to get to the Lind Run Reply with quote

Its only 80 miles, I'm sure the 62 could make that in less than two hours! We will probably only be running 50-55
ARR #3
floydismydog

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: HAH Reply with quote

That's what he said last weekend. Hey! Opened up the sunroof today! Smile
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I couldn't even keep up from Tomato Street parking lot to the Steer Inn!!! you guys left me in the cloud of smoke from the Baja!! Shocked I'm just waiting on some cylinder shims and then the 1776 is getting buttoned up. I need to finish up the wiring and seal the gas tank....mostly waiting on parts now. Oh, fix the leaky wheel cylinder, install newly coated wheels and tires, put in a seat belt or two Laughing Damn...I better get to bed, I got alot of wrenchin' left!!

Scott
hubcapt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Great job on the pre-trip recon convoy photos Chris! Kaleb, you gonna pack your lawnmower in the bus so you can camp? Laughing I'm not sure if we're going to camp or not yet...I still haven't built the engine for the bus!! Time's a tickin!!!! Thanks for the info Chris.

Scott

Bring a mower??? That's my natural sleeping pad!!
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubcapt wrote:
motofly196 wrote:

Scott

Bring a mower??? That's my natural sleeping pad!!

Oh yeah...I saw the pic of the "Rebel Yell"....if I was computer savvy, I'd paste it here! Laughing
hubcapt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hopefully the bottle of Rebel Yell stays home Embarassed

But... if one was to show up Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: