River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Lost in the 50's
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandals

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home from the parade and Friday night festivities. Busy night. Several VW's in the parade, including a very nice 56 beetle, a 60-ish Ghia, a 63 ragtop beetle, and a 65-66 21 window with CA plates that I have not seen before. Not sure what will be in the show tomorrow.

Troy, that could be a good place to park, as long as you can get there. It's on the other side of everything when coming into town from Highway 2. Shouldn't be too tough, though.

I talked to Mitch this afternoon. He will be around the shop when you guys are planning to be there. He may leave later to go downtown. If possible, I may just meet you guys there.

Looking forward to seeing some VW folks.
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Lost in the 50's Reply with quote

Sorry for the delayed update! We had a good turnout and a drama free trip, other than a rain off and on along the way. Started out with three cars at Harvest (Chris, Pat and Amanda & boys, and my daughter and I). Stopped in Rathdrum and picked up Benny and Ruth, and then stopped in Priest River for Susan and Floyd (didn't see him, not sure if he was in the bus or not). Last stop was at the Shop, dropped off some parts said hi to Mitch and his wife and picked up Corey (got to see a pair of Bald eagles flying right over us, way cool). Followed Corey downtown and he found us an excellent parking spot only a block from the show! Saw some nice cars, had a very good lunch at Jalepeno's, looked at some more nice cars. No problems on the way home, just some more rain.
ARR #3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: