River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Should I run dual carbs or single on my Baja?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bajumbug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Should I run dual carbs or single on my Baja? Reply with quote

I have an engine that started out 1600 cc but is now 1800, has dual solex carburetors. I also have 1300 cc stock engine. The bigger engine kind of appeals to me, but my friend advises that I will "constantly be fooling with it to balance the carbs". This is not a serious off-roader, just a "fun Buggy". Does anyone out there have an opinion on this? Is is difficult to tune the dual carbs, and once set, how often do they need to be re-aligned? I don't mind working on them every so often because the owner of a hot rod, from MOPAR to Mustang should know everything about his car. so does anybody hav an opinion about the "cool look VS the easy maintenance"idea?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once dual carbs are setup, they need no more maintenance than one.
Dual kadrons/solex one barrels especially are no trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: