River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Can anybody advise me on value?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bajumbug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Can anybody advise me on value? Reply with quote

I have a guy who wants to sell me a '61 Bug. I'm no VW expert but looks like it is all original and in very good shape. Doors shut solid, very minimal rust in battery tray, (a surprise), looks like original upholstery, floor mats and headliner. running boards are rusty but all of the heater channel parts are very solid. He says it is 6 volt. No engine, but I have one for it. All glass good, chrome bright. Radio says "wolfsburg" with two buttons--"music" and "speech" This thing looks to be all original and in excellent unrestored condition. Any opinions on value? Does the 6 volt make it more or less attractive? I have photos, I was going to list it on Ebay but have no idea where to start. He also is including an off-road buggy with an 1800cc engine with dual carbs. That is what I really want for my Baja project, but he wants me to take both. Can anyone advise on value for these?
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, your best bet it to look through www.thesamba.com Look in the classifieds and see what cars similar are selling for. That is in bold for a reason. There are many cars listed on there that have been listed for months or even years at ridiculous prices.
It sounds like a really cool car! If you have nay pictures I am sure we all would love to see them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: