River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floydismydog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: paint Reply with quote

Yeah he does but he quoted me something a little uh. un maacoish. Not within the budget at this time as I have tires to buy. No hurry on this, I just thought I'd put it out there. I don't care Crying or Very sad if I don't get it painted until spring; inside storage. Really, I don't Crying or Very sad

Thanks Corey Smile for the help. Hope you don't mind if we contact you from time to time with questions. As you can tell I LOVE my bus, and my hub is a pretty good sport too.
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone Merry Christmas! My '70 bus is looking pretty good, it's primer gray and blue. Straight and safe though. I found the tires I needed thanks Corey for pointing me to Perfection. $$$ but you told me so. 50K warranty so they'll outlast me, for sure. Next is to have the wheels blasted and powder-coated and have the new tires mounted. Then we'll be ready to rock and roll! I will have the bug wheels for sale if anyone wants to buy them. You know, though... the heater system sucks, I mean it REALLY sucks more than usual for busses. Mitch couldn't even figure it out. Any ideas?

Susan (and Floyd who knows *get in the bus*)
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat in passenger buses is minimal at best. But you should at least have god flow through the vents when driving at a good clip. Third gear at 35 MPH should have plenty of air flow. If not, something in the system is either plugged or leaking air. If you have flow, but no heat, then the heater boxes are suspect. Give the entire system a visual inspection to check for leaks, and also heck to be sure that the flaps on the front of the heater boxes are opening fully.

One thing you could do is to put some sort of barrier to close off the front passenger area of the bus from the rear area. Clear plastic would work, hung curtain-like just behind the front seats. It helps to keep the heat up front. Nice tight door and window seals will help, too.

The next best thing would be a gas heater. That is a big step, so keep it under consideration and do some research before you dive in.
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think it's plugged and so does Mitch. When I drove it home from the body guy the other day there was barely enough heat to keep the windshield defrosted. Oh well, I hadn't planned to drive it much during winter anyway so that's a minor issue for now. Sad Haha we fish in the winter, we have heaters.
floydismydog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: '70 Baywindow progress Reply with quote

I will get the powder-coated wheels and bumpers back on Wednesday as well as my new tires mounted and balanced. The people at Bustoration don't have any of those hub-cap clips or rivets for them. I need hub-caps for my '70 bus too. I have 4 bug wheels and semi-good tires for sale. Thank you Troy for the stickers. As soon as it is summer or to the point where I don't need my heater (haven't gotten to that little air-flow problem yet) I'm anxious to make a breakfast. My bus is looking GOOD!
sandals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on getting things going. What kind of tires did you end up with? Did Ronnie say if he was going to have any of the good hubcap clips any time soon? I may need some, too.

If you can't post pics, email them to me and I will try to post some up for you.

schwinntandem@frontier.com
sandals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go.

Looking good. What color are you going to paint it?
floydismydog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Original blue as close as I can get for color.
sandals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be L 50 Brilliant Blue, like this...

floydismydog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Bus/Ronnie Reply with quote

Just talked to Ronnie. What a great guy! We MIGHT have the newly powder-coated wheels and bumpers + new tires on tonight and we could make the fun in Spirit Lake tomorrow if we only had that little air-flow problem solved. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for posting the pics, Corey... my bus has a nice big sunroof like that too! (needs a new crank system). But hey it's coming along! Bill was SO mad at me when I bought it. Oh he was mad! He wouldn't even TALK to me! Laughing He is so totally into it now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: