River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Dash Pot Lever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngm357

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Dash Pot Lever Reply with quote

New h30/31 PICT carb has a tag hanging near the throttle lever and says "to use dash pot lever remove this stopper". I removed the stopper and now I just have a lever flopping around. Anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and I are in the same boat my friend!! I've never used one of these Brosol carbs...I can't get the throttle to return to idle, shaft seems REALLY tight. Maybe it'll loosen up after some use. I'm not using a dash pot, but that stopper seemed to make the throttle lever even stiffer, I removed the stopper, but am keeping it handy just in case I need to put it back in there.

Scott
youngm357

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not really thrilled with how it works overall; it seems more complicated to start than my 28 PICT. The throttle return spring was WAY to tight for me so I added a link between the spring and the mounting hole. I do however really dig the deceleration pump and I went for a long drive last night in the hills using the transmission downhill the whole time. No matter how well I tuned my set up with the 28 I always got some backfire pops. I might actually go back to the 28; we'll see. I don't have a dwell meter/tachometer so it is more difficult to set the carb. I am using the 2 1/2 turns back out on both adjustment screws. I'm sure that somebody who really knew what they were doing could set it in a flash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: