River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

2010 Vintage Meet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: 2010 Vintage Meet Reply with quote

Who all is going?
I just read Bremerton has opened up for drags on Sunday. That makes it the three day event of Burgermaster, Shorline, and drags.

If you are not aware of the event: http://www.cascadekombis.org/
It is a large one. Be there.
Wolfsburg-bus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Always Reply with quote

Have not missed it for the last 15 yrs. Will have to drive something water cooled, haven't decided if I will trailer the bus. Hopefully Sunday will take off it has not been the same without SIR on Sunday. Let me know when you plan on leaving and maybe I will follow.
CDA Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did this trip last year. We went to NHRA drags friday, Auburn VW BBQ friday night, Vintage show saturday, and Water werks sunday. It is the dream weekend of racing and VW shows.I hope to be doing it again.
link for waterwerks

http://waterwerksnw.com/php_html/home.php
hubcapt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some of us will be carovaning over in the busses, not sure of a leave time, or an arrival time, but we will be there
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of heading over there on Thursday to see some folks, then making a weekend of it all. I doubt I will make it to Bremerton though, I have other obligations for Sunday.
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: 2010 Vintage Meet Reply with quote

We are leaving early enough Friday to make the Burgermeister Meet.
ARR #3
jgod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott's planning on driving the truck over I might try to take the 74 but sounds like a good weekend to be kid free and have some fun... Laughing
motofly196

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody planning on tent camping...looks like the RV parks are....well...RV only. Shocked What have you guys done in the past?

Scott
sandals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping over there is an issue. There is a group VW campout in Issiquah all weekend, but it is pricey, and it's quite a ways from the show. No big deal if you don't need to be there early for the swap or something. There is camping in Mukilteo I think.

Unfortunately, the days of camping outside the gate at shows are long gone. We used to just crash in the parking lot at Shoreline until a group of kids decided to party all night with loud stereos and ruin it for everybody.

I sound old.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a sun burn, a few bus parts, a pocket of cash for the stuff I sold (gave away a few things, too) and a slight hangover. Good times.

Good thing sounding old and acting old are in two different catagories! Very Happy
motofly196

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great show! Tons of nice VW's....I actually felt a little overwhelmed in the show area! Didn't know where to start....the Hawaiian club was VERY impressive! Kinda wish we didn't bring the sandwiches...cause they're cooking filled the swap area. I sold one thing...but bought a lot of little things! We'll definately put this one on the calendar for next year too...hopefully we'll be in the bus by then. There was one individual in the show area....well, we had alot of explaining to do to the kids....anybody else see the bearded guy wearing the stilleto heels? Only in Seattle.... Shocked

Scott
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
What a great show! Tons of nice VW's....I actually felt a little overwhelmed in the show area! Didn't know where to start....the Hawaiian club was VERY impressive! Kinda wish we didn't bring the sandwiches...cause they're cooking filled the swap area. I sold one thing...but bought a lot of little things! We'll definately put this one on the calendar for next year too...hopefully we'll be in the bus by then. There was one individual in the show area....well, we had alot of explaining to do to the kids....anybody else see the bearded guy wearing the stilleto heels? Only in Seattle.... Shocked

Scott

Just bring the kids to Hillyard if you need another teaching example!

Glad you had a great time, its a dang good show, next up it Yak and then the TRI!!
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubcapt wrote:
motofly196 wrote:

Scott

Just bring the kids to Hillyard if you need another teaching example!

Glad you had a great time, its a dang good show, next up it Yak and then the TRI!!

Damn. I missed that. I love a good freak show on occasion.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO?!!!

Do we get to see some pictures!!!
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the show, not the tranny Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: