River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

who lives near va hospital??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugpack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: who lives near va hospital?? Reply with quote

I know neaders lives here (about 1 min from my house). Just wondering who else is in our neck of the woods.

On another note. Thanks a lot Troy for the bug!!! Matt and I haven't started the swap yet since I had a minor heart attack on 2/23. But last night I took the 1600dp that Neil gave me and started to clean it up a little. I can't wait to get this thing rolling. I hope to have some time this weekend to start stripping the new bug and breaking pan bolts loose. I'll take pictures at least and start posting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the heart attack, hope all is well.

I live down the road from Neil just a little bit, closer to Albertons/Safeway, maybe takes me 3-5 minutes tops to get there.
bugpack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smithe. I'm doin ok so far just get winded ALOT easeier than before. I planned to work on the bugs this weekend but felt like crap. All we got accomplished was 2 hrs on friday night. We moved the green bug and pulled the rear fenders and Matt tried to pull the font bumper yesterday. He ended up snapping 2 of the 3 bolts on the right side. Oh well time to invest in some nut buster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only a mile from the VA Hospital in the Downriver area (Just off of Golf Course). I am down to only one VW now; a 1968 Riviera Camper.
bugpack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool you are in my friday pick-up area. I work for the city as a garbage man, I run the yard waste route.
Tonight I started pulling pan bolts off my 72. oops broke 4 of the bolts off, guess I was a little too eager. Laughing [/img]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! If I broke 4 bolts off I wouldn't put a laughing face! Laughing Did you run out of PB Blaster or something Bro? Just kidding...don't want to piss off my garbage man or anything!

You probably saw my primered camper sticking up (Slanted driveway) next to our house in Downriver? It has a covered car (73, 280 Mercedes) in front of it. Rolling Eyes

Glad to hear your working away rain or shine...can't believe it snowed earlier today in the valley! Stop breaking those bolts off Bro!
bugpack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr Bill you gave me a much needed laugh. It's been over a year since I've been on my route due to being deployed and now being on medical hold. I laugh at breaking off bolts because I was ssooooo worried about the task of body swap. I never really took the time to look under my bug and check out the bolts. I just got overzelous with the long ratchet. this weekend I'm hoping to hit the garage at least one day and finish "breaking" the bolts loose and taking them out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overzealous with the ratchet? Naaaa...your just psyched up and getting after it and that's SOMETHING! I have enough projects here, I just need to dive in and keep going!

So did you see my POS 68 Camper? I have it parked on a slant like that in hopes that the rain will run off her.

Thanks for picking our Clean Green bin up even with the bodies in it! Have to put them somewhere as I am running out of room and was hoping you wouldn't mind the small favor! Cool

Let me know if you need any help as I am only minutes from you. I have a BIG breaker bar that would snap the rest of your bolts off that much quicker! Laughing
bugpack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went after the drivers side saturday and only broke 2 bolts Sad guess I lost my touch. And about the bodies.... Wink Wink what bodies.... how else are we going to clean up our nieghborhoods, right?
Anybody want to know a GOOD way to get more trash taken without being charged for "extras" ?????

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugpack wrote:
went after the drivers side saturday and only broke 2 bolts Sad guess I lost my touch. And about the bodies.... Wink Wink what bodies.... how else are we going to clean up our nieghborhoods, right?
Anybody want to know a GOOD way to get more trash taken without being charged for "extras" ?????

YES!
bugpack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok ok smithe you can stop twisting my arm so much lol. This works really good during the hot summer months. If your garbage/ clean green person is a cool person he will most likely over look the overages of trash if you leave out something cold to drink and maybe even something to snack on. because alot of us work straight through our routes eating/drinking what we bring with us in the trucks. the quicker we get our routes done the quicker we can sit back and relax. Some people even leave us christmas cards and "tips". Just a word of advise though. 1. don't put too much extra trash out and
2. if you are home when we come by come out and say hi.

It helps alot. we take care of our "cool" customers and tippers. we even look forward to getting to the "tip house"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: