River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

My '66 Beetle (Newbie introduction)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motofly196

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan,

Eric has the wheels too, might be in better condition than mine...I haven't had a chance to look at mine yet...maybe we can put our wheels together to give you a great set! I know Eric can use the front seats I've got....let me know when you have some time. I've got a bunch of tires....but probably nothing you'd want to drive on....mostly just for moving it around. Either way...we'll get ya set with some correct wheels!! And I'll finally get the right wheels on my bus!! And Eric will get the seats he needs! It's a win-win!!

Scott
traderj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tomorrow off. Then pretty much every weekend I'm off and just working on the bug. Weeks are hectic lately with my internship. Not getting off till 7-8 at night by my own choice.

It's being registered as a non-op on Tuesday then the only place it's going to be traveling is from my garage to the side of my house and visa-versa for a while.

Just pulled my headliner out today. Found an old rats nest. Also found one in my passenger seat.
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig out the rims in the morning, if anyone wants to meet up.

Eric 509-893-9562
motofly196

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow sounds good for me too! It will take me a little bit to get the seats out of the rafters...Jordan, did you need the back seat? Cause I can bring that too...let me know through here, I'll check it in the AM.

Scott
traderj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait where are we meeting? I think I can fit everything in my '94 integra or you guys can come by my house and check out the 66.

Scott, How much do you want for the backs? I just found out my backs were red but sprayed black.
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan,

I don't want anything for the back seat....as long as you can use it. I'll give you a call in a bit.

Scott
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice meeting you Jordan. Let me know if you are not using the bottom rear seat in your '66, I think Scott's was better, but I may need some springs to cover for my '65.
traderj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Eric you can have my old bottom. Or maybe the one from Scott. Have to compare the two. I want those doors you have so when I come down to pick them up I'll bring it.
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jordan, How'd your inspection go? Were you able to get everything squared away?

Scott
traderj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I trailered it over to the sheriff's department. Everything is all squared away now. The bug was about 2 inches from falling off the trailer though when I got home. No front wheel lock on the bug. Is that normal?
traderj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took the roof down to the metal over my spring break. Found lots of bondo over rusted metal. The whole passenger side seemed to be reformed with inches of bondo instead of pulling the dents and doing it right. I have a feeling she was rolled onto her side at one point in her life.

Here is what I'm up against. It's kinda hard to get a good shot of all the dents. That body line just above the drip rail is seriously malformed. Don't really know how I'm going to get it to look right again.

And an action shot of me doing the driver side. Atleast there wasn't that much bondo in this side.

hubcapt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't really know how I'm going to get it to look right again.

Cover it in Bondo! Very Happy

All joking aside, what about cutting out a donor piece? Seems like someone on here might have a junk body with a good roof? And with the year it is I think almost any later year would work.

Yo! Moto Fly, didnt you have a spare body?
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely look for a roof clip... Sounds like a good opportunity to graft in a ragtop clip!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Jordan...that sucks! I agree....roof clip! Kaleb, we were going to sell that body....but decided to Baja it...once we collect some parts. Very Happy There's that free bug ad, not sure if she still has them or not....might be an option though. Trailer that sucka' home, hack the roof off, and then piece in what you need later.

Scott
traderj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought a uni-spotter. I'm going to see how much of it I can pull out on my own. If all else fails I can graft in a clip. Ragtop for sure. Just have to find one local. May just do a slight chop while I'm at it Very Happy. What years are ok to use?

motofly196 wrote:
we were going to sell that body....but decided to Baja it..

I knew when I told you that you should baja that spare I got your gears moving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: