River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Moving to the area soon... Pics of my VWs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this helps or not. You could try www.johnlscott.com
You do, however, have to set the search perametres you are looking for.

Oh, love the rides. Black Bart?
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprø Norsk wrote:
Not sure if this helps or not. You could try www.johnlscott.com
You do, however, have to set the search perametres you are looking for.

Oh, love the rides. Black Bart?

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Sold Bart to a dude in southern MN a few wks ago... Loved that car - but I love my buses more!
motofly196

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend used to be a realtor....I'll get the name of the people she used to work for, she really likes them alot...really personable, and not out for the dollar (which seems hard to find! I've been burned 2 times now by shady ones, both when I was in Hawaii!!) She's not home now....I'll get it to you tonight though.
There's alot of places to live like you've described. Check out...

Rearden (farming communtity about 20-25 min from the base)
Davenport (same thing, about another 10 minutes away...but it's pretty
close to Lake Roosevelt, HUGE lake!)
Edwall

When I got stationed here, I was looking for property too, I remember something about the smallest they could sell was 5 acres due to septic reasons....something like that. I'll get that number for you.

Scott
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, quick question ...

Anyone familiar with the neighborhood around 1707 E. Joseph Ave? I guess it would be considered the "Whitman" neighborhood?

http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Listing.ListingDetailUpdated&listingID=66167747&CFID=58837926&CFTOKEN=54970237

It "looks" like a decent neighborhood, but I'd love to hear from some of you guys who are local, and dont have to play the realtor "I cant tell you that" card!!

Thanks in advance.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats less than a mile from my place. Its an ok hood, once you get into the northeast hoods in Spokane it can be hit and miss. One block will be a bunch of old home owners, and the next full of rentals. I could probably drive by it sometime and check it out for ya.
Kaleb
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubcapt wrote:
Thats less than a mile from my place. Its an ok hood, once you get into the northeast hoods in Spokane it can be hit and miss. One block will be a bunch of old home owners, and the next full of rentals. I could probably drive by it sometime and check it out for ya.
Kaleb

Kaleb - if you wouldn't mind doing a drive-by, that would be awesome. The above listing is one of the few places I have been able to find that look half decent and offer what I need.

Of course, garage size is #1 on my list! I can't seem to find anything with a decent sized shop, and a half decent house sitting on the same property!

I am SO tempted to buy a little chunk of land out of town somewhere, plop a modular home on a slab, and build a huge shop. Twisted Evil
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I can do a driveby on it, I left my UZI at home, but I can pick it up before I go. There actually more places (in my opion) on the northeast side of town with larger garages. I found my place on craigslist and it had a 600 square foot homemade garage, but it sure beat my single car before. A good vw buddy of mine just finished his shop last fall, and the square footage is larger than his house! Very Happy
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubcapt wrote:
Yea, I can do a driveby on it, I left my UZI at home, but I can pick it up before I go.

LOL, nice! You'd fit right in around here (St Louis). Although we've been downgraded to the 2nd most dangerous city in the US, automatic weapons are still a good idea! Laughing

Here's another one I am considering... http://www.postlets.com/res/2701219

Its at 1128 W Sharp, looks like Emerson Garfield or West Central. My greatest concern is the Spokane Transit Authority and downtown proximity. Not knowing the area, I am basing consideration of that house solely on the appearance of the property!

Someone please tell me if this location is a no-go.

Thanks to all of you, its awesome having some open, honest opinions available!!
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Mark, are you here yet? Must be getting close though... Don't forget about West Spokane, Airway Heights, Medical Lake, Reardan, Davenport. Properties are usually cheaper out here, because it's further from town (Spokane)...but usually there are some with acrerage and shops...big plus!!!

Scott
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, we wont be there until March... Probably around the 8th or so.

I'm still working on plan to head out there for a little house hunting, hopefully in the next month.

I have been looking all around for houses... Airway Heights and Medical Lake has nothing for me at this time - Same situation with Reardon and Davenport. We can't spend a fortune, so our options are a bit limited!!

Dont get me wrong - I'd love nothing more than to find something out of town... But the problem is FINDING those properties!!
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark: Hi my name is Chris and I live in a town called Cheney. Bedroom community of Spokane not far from Fairchild. There are properties with land and large shops. You can contact Tomilinson Black 509 235-7400. They helped my family out after I retired from the Army.
Chris
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Moving to the area soon... Pics of my VWs Reply with quote

You looking to buy or rent? What price range? There is a corner lot, mid 80's split level with attached garage and a large shop a few blocks from me in East Valley, can check current price tomorrow if interested.
ARR #3
Aircooledmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy-

We are looking to buy, as long as the house here sells. If you can send us a link to a website or an address we can look up, we can take it from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: