River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

My 65' Buggy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxloves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: My 65' Buggy Reply with quote

Well here it is in its starting condition, so far all Ive done is clean out tons of dirt, pine needles and pine cones and put some old tires that hold air.
Some places had 1/2 inch of oily dirt and crud on the engine.

Just after this pic I put new brake shoes all around and drilled and re tapped the bleeder valves that were broken off.

The interior is toast and I seem to have a small hole in the rear floor pan Very Happy

None of the lights work yet and the body needs a little work but not much. Nice paint is a must tho.

Engine runs pretty good but the right side smokes a bit. Rings are probably shot. Getting some kinda black goo coming out of the exhaust where it hooks up, or I should say where its SUPPOSED to be hooked up. only 2 Cly are actually connected to the mufflers.
Ive rebuilt the carb already but need to rig up a choke as it has no linkage to it yet. I guess they just used a string or something.

Looks like I got my work cut out for me. Wish me luck Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: