River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

big bore kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugpack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: big bore kits Reply with quote

just going through chirco.com and looking at possibly just increasing my displacement to get the power i want. back in 89 i had a 71 with a 1835dp and man did that thing scream. Shocked anyway the adds tell me i have to machine my block. what jug set can i use without machining the case. i also would like to go to dp heads and run my exhaust under the car towards the front split it off and send a muffler just under each door. i think 1 it'll look sweet and 2 might increase hp... Question i don't know just a bored gi thinking too much i guess. but i know i need more power. what i have now it a made in mexico motor and i think it's a 1600 sp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: GO BIG or go home!!! Reply with quote

Dude, if you are gonna go to D/P heads and are doin' new barrels, you may as well get the work done to your case (if its any good).
If it aint a dual relief case, start looking for one and make sure its workable. There is no logic in spending money on something that will have to be done over in a matter of time. I would recomend goin' with a small stroker (76mm) which would need very little case work if any and maybe a 90.5mm bore, which would give you a displacement of 1955 I believe. I had one of these with a VZ-35 cam, a mildly ported big valve head, some clearanced and balanced stock rods ( by RIMCO),a 12lb. flywheel, 48 IDA's, man did that thing scream. I could get that thing up to 10,000 RPM and it would still be begging for more, never went past 10,500, I was afraid of blowing it up. Anyway, just thought that I could shed some light on the subject. GOOD LUCK on your mission!!!

bugpack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Shocked 10k rpm Shocked Twisted Evil that's incredible for a flat 4 i think. if only i had that kinda money. does anyone have a basket case that they are willing to let go for a lower cost ???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: