River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

hello from the great cat box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugpack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: hello from the great cat box Reply with quote

Hey everyone. it's getting cold here in iraq---60deg Laughing . i'm keeping busy due to the lack of maintenace the last unit did Shocked wow how did these rigs keep going. anyway I'm over here thinking of ways to keep my bug warm in the winter when i get home next fall. I'm sorry to those purists out there but the only conclusion i can come to is to install a water cooled in there. it's either going to be a rotary or a honda. as it stand my bug is a colage of a couple of years. i bought it for $700 and found a birds nest in the fuel tank. a interally regulated alt wired to an external vr (duh)
my ball joints are shot. it has a late 60's fuel tank complete with the mechanical sending unit. my wiring reminds me of a heaping plate of speghetti. the main body is a 72. the motor is a ???? mexico. so i'm researching a tranny and kennedy adapter for my beast. i'm running 30x9.5 15's rear and 235x75r15 front. while i'm here one of the guys at work is redoing me back seat with a jolly roger on the back. so i'm thinking a pirate motif. any thoughts. later guys sorry i'm gonna miss the next bugfest. this years was awesome i have my shirt here with me at lsa anaconda (yes I know... easy street) ttfn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. You'd be suprised how well a VW heater system works when it's hooked up right.

BTW, here's a pic of what we played with during desert storm:

bugpack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

that is aawesome i like that kind of crude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: