River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

new guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillwad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: new guy Reply with quote

New here picked up a 86 GTI it has a few problems got some questions as to how the front struts act . or how they look when car is jacked up.
The P.O. had screwed up alot of wires. also removed the 02 sensor so i am sowly going thru it bit by bit hope to see some of you at next years autocross events.
Thanks in advance
lance
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: new guy Reply with quote

Hi Lance , welcome , there is a meeting tonight at 7pm if you can make it (map on meeting link) , if you haven't yet , you might also check out the autocross club website at www.autosportsnorthwest.org . Not real clear on what you mean about wheels when jacked up ? TROY
dillwad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Troy just got the message so i missed the meeting.
What happens is when i jack the car up , both front struts drop down ( viewing from the engine compartment ) they onlt drop as far as the collar on the top of the struts allow. I have had a few cars with struts and have never seen this before I have allready replaced both strut bearings as the were both shot. i just dont know if this is a normal volkswagen thing or not. everything seems to be in place.
thanks for the reply
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: new guy Reply with quote

I would suggest bad strut bearings , but since you did that already , I will have to jack ours up this weekend and see if it does the same thing . You could go out on Trent to see Brian at Snechentempo (891-5752) and ask him , he mainly works on watercooled VW's . TROY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: