River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Reaper Madness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grim reaper

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reaper Madness Reply with quote

the new double should be fun for the whole family.
Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

looks good. What year is it? Actually a 58 panel would look even better in your driveway. haha. Did you get the pics I sent last night??
grim reaper

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a 65 and im sure its going to look better than a 58 panel in my driveway.
Richard

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

It is a sweet ride indeed. And the panel looks almost as good as mine. You didn't say you already had a panel, so how was I to know. It is clear now that you are the type 2 guru in the area, so if I am looking for something in the future, may I call upon you? Thanks so much for sharing your photos. I look forward to seeing more. And if you do know of anyone with a double cab that doesn't already have a 58 panel, it would be great if you would pass along my name. Also, did you receive the photos I sent??
Thanks again.
grim reaper

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my panel.
I like your panel but i would never imagine someone would trade a double for a panel.panels are barely worth half of what a double is worth.I may be interested on purchasing your panel so you could get some cash towards a double.I know you said in your email that you wanted to trade and not sale.think about it and email what you want to get out of it and lets talk about some of the other things you have laying around your place.It looks like you have a few things that are being wasted.
Richard

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

I hear what you are saying. Then I guess it would be worth half of a very clean, straight double cab. What are they going for these days? I will think about what you have said, but for now I am thinking " a bird in the hand...etc". I do have other things too, but I prefer to think of them as being safely stored rather than going to waste. It looks like you have quite a collection too. What year is that single? I will try to post a pic or two of my 67.
grim reaper

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panels are going for about $2000 to $10,000 and double cabs are going for around $5000- $25,000 .I think you would be lucky if you could trade that panel for a rough double.Panels are just panels,doubles are totally bad ass!
Richard

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

doubles are bad ass for those who love doubles. There are those that think that the Sport Bug( super beetle) is totally bad ass too. It is all in the eye of the beholder. Personally I am hot for the early type 3 squares. I have a 56 euro spec sunroof (semaphore) beetle, but a 62 squareback would be totally badass for me. I would part with the beetle , project that it is, in a second for a decent type 3. The prices for the doubles are getting criminal, so much so that the price seems like it is far exceeding the value of them. It is that panic buying mentallity that has oil over $130 a barrel. Of course there are always the fools that will buy into that and pay anything so that they can say they have one. Speculators do that all the time, artificially inflating the prices and then taking there money out with the big profits. Depends whether you want to jump onto the boat, even after the fools have taken over the ship. That said, I guess I will clean up my 58 panel and look to get $7000 out of it.You got me thinking and realize it is not what I want after all. I have a 63 21 window that should be on the road first.
grim reaper

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double cabs are kinda over priced right now but there are also less of them unlike the panel.here is a picture of a 57 double door panel for sale for $5999.

you might be able to get $7000 for yours if its the right buyer but its going to take alot of work.
here is mine that i got $9500 for

and it is slammed right.
Richard

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

What else did you do to your bus? What did you do to the interior? engine? I had a barndoor bus a few years ago that had the same patina....it looks great. What does the other side look like?
Richard

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

This is my 21 window as found in the field. Left for dead by some hunters from Minnesota in 1974. The other 63 was found in the same town land fill. The owner died and they drove the bus to the land fill and threw away the keys. 35000 miles!!! Damage was done by the bulldozer when they pushed it over. I got it just in time.

63 21window deluxe and 63.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.69 KB
 Viewed:  16423 Time(s)

63   21window deluxe and 63.jpg

grim reaper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the other side.all of the body work was found under 2 colors of paint.this is the first time ive tried to paint strip.dual port 1600,long axel conversion,67 beetle tranny,2"narrowed adjustable beam,flipped spindles,repop bumpers,12 volt,50 series in fron,60 series in back,all original metal.

DSCN1700.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.29 KB
 Viewed:  16409 Time(s)

DSCN1700.jpg

DSCN2623.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.02 KB

DSCN2623.jpg

DSCN2621.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.25 KB

DSCN2621.jpg

Richard

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: reaper madness Reply with quote

wow! that is a lot of work. How did you manage to strip off all that paint? There was a guy on the Samba awhile ago that used 400 wet/dry sandpaper....I've tried that and it works quite well. But it takes forever too.
grim reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fate of this 68.
Donor car for my 65 Double cab project
grim reaper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

58 beetle rescued from the buzzards yesterday

IMG_4384.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.67 KB
 Viewed:  16226 Time(s)

IMG_4384.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: