River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

local VW folks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoSlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: local VW folks Reply with quote

I'm sure we've all had the experience of meeting someone only to find out that they are VW folks...or they have good friends that are...

A couple of days ago I was checking out TheSamba.com, looking at the parts for sale when there in the thick of things is a guy from Spokane with a bunch of listings. I couple of e-mails and a few calls to check out his stash in person, I met Chuck Rozell. Come to find out Chuck bought a bunch of motor parts from me a year ago at our moving garage sale. He remembered me...I ws a little embarrassed that I didn't recognize him earlier. anyway, Chuck has an impressive collection of parts for just about every type of VW. I bought a hatch Volkswagen emblem and a cushion for my bus. We chatted for a while, 'bout V-dubs, clubs, people, etc. Chuck's going to be spreading the word about RCVWC and our web-site. He's good people, he'd be an asset to our club. You can reach Chuck at chrozell@comcast.com or you can check out his stash on TheSamba.com.

Then, same day, I'm in Home Depot buying insulation for my bus and the guy helping me has a best friend that traded a sailboat for an early '60's Kombi. Straight outside, fair inside, with a dual carb motor. Not a bad trade for a $50 sailboat! Now it seems the friend wants to sell the bus...I'll let you know how this one turns out.

You never know how and when you'll meet VW folks.

Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: VW folks Reply with quote

Tom , I've been meaning to tell you about Chuck , I thought he might have a rear bumper for your bus , glad you found out about him , since I spaced it . TROY
SoSlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! I made a mistake in Chuck's e-mail it's chrozell@comcast.net...not .com. Sorry!
Bucky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to meet more vw volks in town. It makes hunting down parts and info much easier. I will start encouraging any VW people I know to visit this site and join the Club. What is the average age group. Maybe we should meet up for a beer and game of pool every now and then, you know all show up in our cool VW's. (if any of mine are running anyway).
Alot to talk about, little to say, Bucky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: