River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Vintage Weekend?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Cates

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Vintage Weekend? Reply with quote

Anyone have plans to go in July? I am trying to make plans but probably won't drive the bug, don't think the little 1200 will make it.

July 20-22 31st Annual Vintage Weekend/NW Bug-In Seattle,Vintage at Shoreline
July 20th: Friday night : BurgerMaster Burger meet at UVillage BurgerMaster. 6 pm

July 21st: Saturday : Shoreline Show and Swap... Great show... 9 am $7 admission $15 Show carf entry including driver

July 22nd: Sunday : Northwest V-Dub Nationals Bremerton Wa. $12 admission $15 to Show car, $15 for Swap space and $40 to race Camping available Satuday night $10
http://www.cascadekombis.org/vintage-meet
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a bus caravan with 4 so far...leaving Friday morn (Time not determined yet). Kinda like to get going early to beat the heat...thoughts?

Scott
Sam Cates

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have room for one? I won't be able to drive, I could kick in some fuel money. LMK
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be heading over earlier in the week. I'll have to catch you guys at the show.
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far just Eric and I...meeting up with Alex somewhere. You gonna make the Burger Meister Corey? I'm gonna be loaded down with parts...gotta make some cash this summer!!
Is the Bremerton Swap a mix of VW and American parts? I may bring over some of my Chevy stuff too...but damn that stuff is heavy!!
Scott
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on the Burger Meet. It will be a last minute decision for me, depending on what is happening with the family and our host.

I have not been to Bremerton since 2003. I have no idea what it's like these days.
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may have a couple more for the caravan, from out of town, I will know more next week, but some cool rides for sure.

Hey Scott, Bremerton is probably not the place for your hillbilly Nova parts, this weekend would be best. Smile

Sam, I will ask around if anyone has an extra seat available.
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget I am looking for Lake City VW plate frames from Cd'A. Give me a holler if you see any. I wish I was going with you. Smile
cj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are heading over on Friday. My daughter lives just a few miles from Shoreline so it'll be great to be at the swap meet early Sat. I only wish my bus was ready for the road. But it's getting there. Very Happy Engine is 97% done. Getting ready to tear into the brakes. Woohoo!

So...since I'm a VW swapmeet newbie, any idea from the more experienced swappers out there how my chances on finding a '64 Turkis drivers door and decklid might be? Cost expectations?
I'm not looking for anything too nice. Just comparable paint quality. My decklid is just a little beat up at the bottom so I can live with it but if I find a better one that would be good too. But the drivers door has been replaced with a Velvet deluxe door and I'd like to change that back.

Maybe a Samba ad for a meet and trade at the swap meet could work?!
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early 64' door with icepicks? Or a late 64'? Door prices are all over the place...if you haul it to the show, you're welcome to drop it at my spot and see if it sells. Price depends on condition...some crackheads on Samba sell OG paint doors for $350. Crazy.

Scott
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Early 64' door with icepicks? Or a late 64'? Door prices are all over the place...if you haul it to the show, you're welcome to drop it at my spot and see if it sells. Price depends on condition...some crackheads on Samba sell OG paint doors for $350. Crazy.

Scott

The crackheads are the ones who pay those prices, Scott. Wink

BTW, I still owe you ten bucks for the spring meet swap space. I forgot to hand you a Hamilton, or two Lincolns, or ten Washingtons, or some combination thereof.
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! We can settle up at vintage....shoot, might put as credit towards some of your parts! Like tail lights!! I'm thinking of bringing my Bice rear to sell...but that might bring me over my 1-ton rating on my bus!

Scott
cj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:

Scott

Late 64.
I would love to take you up on that offer but... if it sold and I couldn't find a turkis standard door, the bus would start lookin like a long jeep Laughing
sandals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Oh yeah! We can settle up at vintage....shoot, might put as credit towards some of your parts! Like tail lights!! I'm thinking of bringing my Bice rear to sell...but that might bring me over my 1-ton rating on my bus!

Scott

I only have one pair of lights left, and they are currently holding down my shelf. I think they are happy there for now. Wink

Bring the Bice. Some joker will buy it. Then your gas mileage will improve for the drive home.
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bice Samba sticker price of $300...see what happens. Hey, it's the rare 1960 Bice!

I'll keep my eyes open for a late 64' Turkis door. I have a Turkis rear cargo door...need that?

Sweet, so your tail lights on Samba sold too Corey? I need to put up some ads before Vintage again...need to get going, daylight is fading fast!

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: