River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

oops didn't introduce me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allison

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: oops didn't introduce me Reply with quote

Hello I'm Allison Smile

I found my first VW Beetle just about 5 years ago... a 2003 lemon. But I still love it. I'm now looking to buy my first older bug - I want a project car. My plan is to restore it, myself. Yes I said that, myself. Nope, haven't got a clue about cars... I will learn as I go, yes, I hope. This is a project that I'm not in a big hurry to finish, though I'd like to get started soon.

I live in Spok, go to school at EWU, play ice hockey (goalie), have a horse and goat and a hairless dog... oh, and I ride a 2008 Vespa LX 150 ... this is me in a 'nut' shell Wink
Sam Cates

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hairless dog you say? Interesting. Welcome! I have seen tons of old VW "projects" for decent prices, just keep an eye out, I'll be picking up another dub soon (fastback). Looking forward to seeing you on the trails!
Orange

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend buying a bud that is running. It will take up a lot of your time maintaining the car. Buy the Volkswagen Beetle and Karmann Ghia Official Service Manual Type 1, and Haynes Repair Manual for the year you purchase. Also, I would recommend attending the Volkswagen meeting at the Valley library the first Wednesday of each month.
JCWagar

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Allison and welcome to the group. I hope things go well with whatever project you devote yourself to.
Best wishes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: