River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

New to old bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allison

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: New to old bugs Reply with quote

Hello, I am considering buying my very first project car. I've found a 1968 almost completely original, no modification, clean title... I just love the car. They are asking $1500, doesn't run. Is $1500 too much?
DuaneL

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems a bit high for a non running bug unless it has lots of new parts or something else making it special I paid that for a running 71 granted it was leaking oil from the oil cooler seals and the brakes need work
motofly196

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold a running/ driving 62' deluxe to a fellow member for that price....was it a deal? Yes...in this economy, everything should be a deal!! Unless it's a SUPER STRAIGHT car...and won't take it much to get running, $1500 isn't bad. But factor in that you'll need to go through the entire brake system, and unless you do the work...that can get spendy really quick for a thorough job (metal lines and rubber lines). Post some pics up to get a better estimation in the "car pics" section.

Scott
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: I reckon it's a sickness Reply with quote

Amen. I got what I thought was a good deal on my bus at $1200 at the time (it was running, sorta) and I'm still tallying up what I put into it to make it safe and mechanically sound. Not talking body stuff either. It's easy to fall in love with a VW, but be prepared. You've found the forum though. Smile

Mitch is my mechanic

Allison

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the info!!! I really do love this little car... but I'm sure its not the only one out there. I am going to look at it again and will snap some pics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: