River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Spring Meet 12'....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motofly196

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuscaloosa...? Dammit, I better re-map this trip! I'm hoping to take all them strangers money! Kaleb, if you're gonna crash under the bus, I would strongly recommend putting your head under the front end, did you see the amount of oil Corey's oil cooler seals were leaking!! Laughing
I thought I read somewhere that they are going to let swappers in at 9am? I wanna be in the front of that line, cause I bet there will be plenty of deals had before the general admittance at 11am!!! I'm gonna pull Eric's trick, walk around FIRST, then set up my spot!!

Scott
floydismydog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I detect a little pre VW road trip excitement?
motofly196

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I'm dead tired...but that's when I do my best packing. WAY too many last minute military deployments! Should be packed within the hour, and an early bed time for me!

Scott
Long-roofs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Peter, the guy we are going to crash at, good dude. I bet his place is crazy, he's into old stuff like all of us.
motofly196

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaleb's gonna poop himself when he lays eyes on Peter's single cab with Tilt. He said he's gotta drive the Kombi cause his truck won't fit in the parking garage. Few hours to go...see you guys tomorrow!

Scott

(Thorpe Fruit Stand shopping spree tomorrow??)
wheezzy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm still in for being picked up at the Mobil Station at Exit 272. Sorry I just caught up on all this action, I had a few too many at Dennys this afternoon and passed out about 7. But just woke up and ready for round two.
Sooo, I guess I will plan on seeing you guys around noon @ the Mobil Station? (Kaleb Time).
Oh BTW, I call top bunk in the Westy!
sandals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home from watching the overtime Coyotes/Predators game. My oil light stopped working on the way there. I just diagnosed a bad switch, and I tried a few used ones until I found a good one.

Scott, I don't now if Eric pioneered the shop first, sell second trick, but I use it all the time. I have no plans to set up when I step out of the bus.

See you all tomorrow.
sandals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floydismydog wrote:
Do I detect a little pre VW road trip excitement?

Is it that obvious? Very Happy
motofly196

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric is good at it....but Peter is a master! I've watched him do it 2 times now at Vintage. He didn't even set up till noon. Everybody had made at least 2 trips around the track before he even set up. Soon as he started digging stuff out of his truck, the VULTURES were out! guys were helping him unload stuff, and buying as they as they did it! There's a pic of him in one of the Euro mags after setting up.
motofly196

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT Trip! I'm beat...but still trying to figure out what I bought/ sold!!! Somehow, I broke even....never been able to do that! Probably wouldn't of been that way if the smoke detectors went off in the parking garage from my grill!
Hey, I'll start a thread, but Franklin invited all of us to his shop for a "dyno" day and car show. Free, just gotta get there!

Scott
sandals

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I am fully recovered from the long drive and the lack of sleep.

That was fun. We started the trip with a sunny long haul across the state, only to find the end of the rainbow landed squarely at the home of a randy leprechaun with a fantastic VW and automobilia collection and a hearty penchant for beer. Late night bike tours on high priced antique bicycles were entertaining for the audience. I was glad to have been able to rescue the crotch-cooler split from the onslaught of a crashing Black Phantom.

The next morning was a lazy hurry-up-and-wait affair, with mis-guided good intentions that resulted in finally getting into the garage to swap. My bus cleared the height restriction bar by about two inches, confirmed by my co-pilot, Wheezy. HubcapT is too skinny to provide any appreciable front suspension compression.

Parts, parts, parts galore. Good swap turnout. We employed the Peter Principle (no, not that one) for our swap and sale scheme. All of us found some good deals, and it seemed that most of us managed to come close to breaking even for the weekend. A rear bumper and a set of shocks for the camper put me down about seventy bucks for the weekend, but I'm OK with that.

The cruise home was nice, and uneventful. Sunny, warm, slight tailwind. Perfect for an old VW bus. Managed to avoid the deer on the highway outside of Spokane, and made it to Sandpoint @10:30 Sunday night. I still have not unpacked. Why do today what you can do some time later when you need to put something else in the bus? Very Happy

Scott, I still owe you ten bucks for the swap space. Thanks for fronting us and taking care of the pre-registration.
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you bring me? Smile
sandals

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floydismydog wrote:

I've got one beer and two brats left over. And a bag of cool ranch Doritos.
wheezzy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floydismydog wrote:

Maybe Corey will give you his Flux Compasitor, since we could never get his bus to go fast enough for it to be effective.
floydismydog

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you unfriend me wheezy? Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: