River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Help with what to do to my jetta!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVWH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Help with what to do to my jetta! Reply with quote

I've got a Jetta 3gl 2.0L, and have heard after I bought it that I can't really do anything to it. I've heard that I can put a turbo in it but I'd blow the engine on take off. So if thats true then I don't want to do that. Should I buy a vr6 engine (if so where would i buy one) and swap it out. Or should i buy a 1.8t Engine (again if so wheres a good place to buy them). Or would i be better off just to sell it and buy a 1.8t jetta or vr6 jetta? Lol im kind of a finatic, and though im no mechanic, im pretty handy with a wrench and can do alot of it myself. As of right now my car is stock and I want it a litle faster. Any answers would be amazing! thank you guys.
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to chase you away but a good website for you to check out would be www.vwvortex.com and go into the forums. Your most cost effective option is probably to sell your current car and pick up something with a different format. Why is it that you are looking for more power? What specifically are you trying to do with your car?
JVWH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to make it fast and kind of unbeatable. i like the speed lol. But im also into the classic VWs I want a Karman Ghia pretty bad. I figured that would be most cost effective : /
I was just hoping maybe there was something else i didn't know I could do to it to make it fun. THanks for the site and info! ill check it out too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: