River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

History of my bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlsanborn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: History of my bus Reply with quote

Back in 2000 I picked up a Deluxe from a dude named Shad Varney, who was sharing space with Craig Yelley at Vintage VW. I just sold it to a hard working, honest fella who discovered the title to be bunk. Anyone know of this bus or where it may have come from? Its a '65 Emerald Green / Seafoam 13 window (title bears '65 standard). It had been painted kind of a pissy yellow above the belt. The new owner wants to get a real title and I told him I'd help however I could.
John
dukebradbury

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

You left out good looking!

BTW, I am the new happy owner of the bus. The VIN is no longer in the DMV database and I have to get it inspected by the State Patrol. Not a big deal, but I have to wait 3 yrs for an actual title.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple pics.

motofly196

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went throught that same WA State title process...it's not that difficult, but be prepared!! You gotta clean out the bus, and you're gonna need to get a complete engine/apron/and rear bumper on it. Anything that came original on the bus, needs to be on it! Looks like all your glass is good, if any is missing, get it in there. Bring a notorized bill of sale, and hope for the best!! If the bus isn't complete, they will give you a "salvaged title"...you DONT want that! Good luck, keep us posted!!

Scott
(PM me if you have any questions...or just ask on this thread so others will know too)
dukebradbury

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
I will definetly be talking to you then. I have the rear apron and rear bumper. Will I need to put the rear seats in before I go down?

Thanks
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front seats definately need to be in...they never looked inside the bus at all! They are mostly concerned with the VIN number, and that it's not reported stolen. On the website it lists what they look for, bumpers, glass, engine, transmission....stuff like that. Check out this site, pretty good info on it..

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/traveler/vinspect.htm

Scott
dukebradbury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual vin tag that is supposed to be on the right side of the air duct is missing (the one that is rivetted on).

The vin that is stamped in the right side of the engine compartment is still there.
motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inspector was more concerned with the stamped one in the engine compartment....I showed her the M-plate....she just glanced at it to match numbers...and she wasn't concerned with the VIN tag in the engine compartment (mine is a 63'). You should be alright as long as the stamped engine compartment is there...might wanna just leave it alone though, she had her own wire brush...kinda shows that you haven't messed with it.

Scott
dukebradbury

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up getting it inspected and passed with no problem.

The inspector did have to affix a vin on the drivers door though. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up
shad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jlsanborn Be very carfull of who you talk about. Reply with quote

jlsanborn wrote:
Back in 2000 I picked up a Deluxe from a dude named Shad Varney, who was sharing space with Craig Yelley at Vintage VW. I just sold it to a hard working, honest fella who discovered the title to be bunk. Anyone know of this bus or where it may have come from? Its a '65 Emerald Green / Seafoam 13 window (title bears '65 standard). It had been painted kind of a pissy yellow above the belt. The new owner wants to get a real title and I told him I'd help however I could.
John
This is for Jlsanborn Be very carfull using my name in ref. to a bunk title. You never know who could be kicking in your door in the middle of the night then taking everything you own .You dont know me and i never sold you that bus!!! Its really easy finding some one if you get pissed off anough!!!
ONEBADBUG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to graduate from Elementary school anytime soon?

Jus wunnrin cuz yoo surta tack lik a retard.
vwrus66

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful he might kick your door in and take all your stuff! Laughing Laughing
85 Golf GTI
97 Jetta
2008 Rabbit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: