River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

2010 Dubtoberfest and Euros Too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: 2010 Dubtoberfest and Euros Too Reply with quote

Our forums are open to everyone, not everyone posting on the site is actually a club member (looking at the registered user list, less than half). So I as club president can only remind the list to keep it PG 13 and be mindfull of others.
ARR #3
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amonduell wrote:
hubcapt wrote:
Meet some interesting people, including a very confused double cab owner.

motofly196 wrote:
Too weird for me!!!!

wheezzy wrote:
You mean that "woman"...

Dumpbucket wrote:
the dbl cab "IT"

Fine job, guys...showing up at Dubtoberfest 2010 as ambassadors for River City Volkswagen Club to spotlight something as trivial as a person's perceived gender identity just because it might not appear to you to be crystal clear. These forums have worldwide access, y'know.

MCVW promotes Octoberfest as a pinnacle social gtg and it's all over their website equating the word Volkswagen with camraderie. For all you know, she has a love for Volkswagens just like you guys do, and for all you know, she drove further and made more plans than all of you to be there. Volkswagen comraderie beats any other vehicle enthusiast organization out there...we all know that & it's our mission to keep this good spirit alive down through the generations.

Reading trash like this makes me wonder if she was an African-American rumored to be left-handed, this thread would have gone to extra pages. You may have said nothing to make her feel bad about herself between Friday night and Saturday, but going public here afterwards demonstrates a few of you have poor social skills. If I was the President of this club, I would have called all of you into my office. So wake up & smell the coffee; people who enjoy VW's are not the cookie-cutter stock you may perceive them to be.

Sorry if a few of us don't fit in your PC world. Some folks just seem to have forgotten to loosen up about life. If she would have needed help along the side of the road, any one of us would have gladly stopped to help. Then a few hours later would have enjoyed a good-natured laugh about a person who's life we know nothing about, and moved on. Just like we have here.
hubcapt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was never my intention to hurt someones feelings, merely just stating a memoriable character from the show, same as the junk jumper or sparkle helmet man from last year.
wheezzy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who you calling ambassadors?
Wait, what happens in the office?
motofly196

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hurt feelings meant on my part...but I sure did have to answer alot of the kiddo's questions on the way home about why a woman in high heels had a beard... Just sayin'...
floydismydog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: does it matter? Reply with quote

I wish I had a splitty double cab. I had one once. I don't know what ever happened to it now.
sandals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubcapt wrote:
It was never my intention to hurt someones feelings, merely just stating a memoriable character from the show, same as the junk jumper or sparkle helmet man from last year.

That sparkle helmet guy was a trip. Kept talkin' about this astronaut pen that he had. He could write upside down, underwater, even in zero gravity. Then he tried to convince us that he could do all three at once.

Sparkle helmets are cool.
amonduell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that had to be somebody else...we know she hates high heels (has worn the same smelly sneakers, and flip flops and sandals all summer)and certainly doesn't have a beard. We've known her since she was a toddler...and she doesn't do pantyhose, fake nails, fake lashes and hardly ever brushes her hair either...nope, she's not girly girl at all as far as makeup and all that goes. We saw all the car pics she took at Dubtoberfest & a set with some friends she met there taken with a film camera & she had a blast hanging out with the bus crowd and talking about traveling adventures. We're taking apart and reassembling a 1972 Audi 100LS sedan he once owned & plan to head to Dubtoberfest next fall if the hosts still allow European vehicles besides VW's. The plan initially was for all of us to take an old VW bus camper and head out into the foothills for the night, but she left ahead of us in the doublecab since she wanted to get to Rosey's before we had a chance to get off work. That may explain the "a very confused double cab owner" as she got lost and wandered around Richland, had a cop pull her over for driving wanderlust, and probably wondered where the rest of us were. Half the family is in Portland, and the rest are around north of LaGrande up to Elgin, Oregon. We didn't even know she had been there and left until days later when she finally answered the phone. She is super busy/overemployed on the home front and really wanted to take off for Dubtoberfest and take some of us down there, but there was just a carpooling misunderstanding right at departure time, and apparently, the Pendleton/Hermiston crew didn't hook up to caravan down with us all. We'll come next year in from Portland & hope to meet with you all and maybe we'll just find out exactly why our aunt Jenny has suddenly had this obsession with Volkswagens. It;s only been about a year, maybe two at the most...and now I see a white bug out front so maybe she got yet ANOTHER one.
amonduell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're sorry if we brought back the Dubtoberfest 2010 thread nearly a month later with a post like we did. We told Jen about the postings here when we spotted them, and she thought it was funny some of you thought she was an old man and even posted how "hilarious" she thought it was on the mcvw site. At the time, we thought it was a bit more serious.

Yet in reflection, all your commentary were merely observational and not mean spirited, and maybe Jen saw the lighter side of things when we didn't. I work part time in retail, and I'm supposed to address people with "sir" and "ma'am" yet these days with so many women boasting short hair and baggy boy clothes running around these days...I can see where someone can be outraged if you pick the wrong pronoun.

So let's lay it all to rest. Be prepared to party when we all show up next year.
Orange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was a good point that singling out someone and commenting on how unique/different they are is not a good idea to do on the internet. Sometimes we all need to remember how easy it is to make fun of someone without meaning to do it. I'm sure just about everyone using this forum has received someone's unkind comments at some point in their lives and knows it is not a pleasant experience. Having said that, I have been a female in the club for several years. The members I have met have never been unkind to me. They always answered my questions with respect and have never spoken down to me. Several times they have come to my aid when my car broke down and I was stranded. The president of this club has probably come to my rescue the most and I would refer to him as a caring family man who reflects his qualities in the club and on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: