River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

My 65 Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: My 65 Bug Reply with quote

Any chance someone would be able to help the finishing touches on my motor? I just put it in this Sunday and it ticks when it warms up and after 5 miles of driving, when i came to a stop the idle dropped to 750 and the oil light came on, goes out when you rev it passed 900, does not come on when it's cold, what oil should I be using? there are 2 timing marks on crank, I was told to time it to the split in the case, starts and runs, when you drive and give it a 1/4 throttle it runs great, the rest of the pedal is for tone change only, haha, no additional power, it could also be that a 1200 is just that way, gutless. this is a fresh rebuild with only 50 miles on it. anyone close to Adams and Sprague? I can come to you or you come to my house? Call me at 509-370-2333 THANKS

4A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.63 KB
 Viewed:  6324 Time(s)

4A.jpg

2A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  241.48 KB
 Viewed:  6327 Time(s)

2A.jpg

1A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.91 KB
 Viewed:  6329 Time(s)

1A.jpg

bugpack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked What a sweet ride. DUDE!!!!! both Matt and I's jaws hit the floor. so clean and and and WOW!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride! Almost the same color as my Nova! Please please please get that 1/4" fuel line off the fuel pump ASAP!! I'd hate to see that beautiful car burn down. You want to use metric fuel line, it's a much tighter fit on the fuel pump...also, get the fuel filter out of the engine bay, put it under the car between where the fuel line exits the tunnel, and before it goes to the hard line for the engine.

Scott
RichardK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha, thanks, it's been a great project, I know about the fuel line, I just couldn't wait to start it so i used some of my dirt bike fuel line, it will be off before it's a everyday driver,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> Car Pictures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: