River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

need '68 bug advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbergam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: need '68 bug advice Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to this club and I need some advice on selling my 1968 VW beetle. So I've put quite a bit of money into Parker (as I've named him) just around $2000 to get him running again because my aunt had him in storage for about 10 years.

I'm looking to sell him and of course would like to get my money back if that is at all possible, which doesn't seem likely at this point.

So I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on what it's worth now and if I gave it a solid Maaco paint job if that would help my chances of making more money off of it.

Thanks!

p.s. it has been in 2 accidents so we replaced the hood and two front fenders, which is why its calico. I bought a new dashboard (not shown) because the passenger side is duct taped by previous owner. There are a few rust spots on the body.

motofly196

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting your money out of a car is near impossible. Sometimes when you get that much into a car, and still haven't done much with the cosmetics...it's worth it to just keep it and enjoy it. Probably not what you wanted to hear...
Your interior is really clean! A Maaco paint job will probably detract the value...just my opinion though. Buy the John Muir book on "How to Repair your VW" so you save on repairs....log on to sambavw.com (there is a section just for late model bugs) Start doing some maintenance to get it road worthy...and enjoy it!!

Scott
Orange

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what your car is worth. I can tell you that your seats are for a 71/72 beetle. That might also detract from the value if someone wants to restore the 68.

One thing I can tell you is that beetles are much cheeper to keep running than other cars. I'm female and was clueless about cars until I got help. If I get stuck on a car problem I ask the club at the monthly Wednesday meeting. The VW club people are awesome and will usually give you ideas if you have a genuine interest in working on your car. Good luck and pull your hair back if you crawl under the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: