River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Need work on your Dub? Call Custom VW 509-483-3970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CustomVW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Need work on your Dub? Call Custom VW 509-483-3970 Reply with quote

I'm an excellent air-cooled technician, and I'm current up to 1999 water-cooled.
Large amounts of air-cooled parts (used).
Access to many VW junkyards in the NW.
I can do ANYTHING air-cooled, and 98% of anything for water-cooled. (2% is painting....I don't have a booth)
Clyde Reeves

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

were are you located and what are your business hours?
04 Rabbit Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is off Market on Gordon st.
It was Hair Shmit back in the day

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the assist on that Hank Very Happy

and my hours are M-F 9ish-6ish. Very casual here.
CustomVW

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are now doing automotive machining.
buckarooranch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Local (Northwest) bug parts/work? Reply with quote

I am currently restoring/modifying my first bug, a '63. Besides complete disassembly, I am installing disc brakes, narrowed beam, CB dropped spindles, , etc. I would like to install a "warm" engine, something of at least a 1776. I will need to install a new transaxle ( as I am switching to 12v), and am told that a Rancho or something like that, is the best.

Is there someone, in the greater Spokane area, that specializes in this type of beefier unit to avoid shipping one in from LA? Also, is there anyone local that builds high performance engines?

Thanks. Very Happy
jengel451

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Local (Northwest) bug parts/work? Reply with quote

buckarooranch wrote:
I am currently restoring/modifying my first bug, a '63. Besides complete disassembly, I am installing disc brakes, narrowed beam, CB dropped spindles, , etc. I would like to install a "warm" engine, something of at least a 1776. I will need to install a new transaxle ( as I am switching to 12v), and am told that a Rancho or something like that, is the best.

Is there someone, in the greater Spokane area, that specializes in this type of beefier unit to avoid shipping one in from LA? Also, is there anyone local that builds high performance engines?

Thanks. Very Happy

I just purchased/installed a Rancho trans. Shipping isn't that bad considering the wieght, I looked around, there's nobody in the state I would trust to build a "performance" trans. Stock rebuild is another story and I think there are a couple around that could do it.

If you're going 1776, you can actually get away with a stock box no problem, going super diff and welded 3/4 would probably be a bit overkill, but it depends on what you want to do. One thing to think about is launches, if you're ever going to play around at the track etc. then I would think about a super diff and absolutely stronger axles since the stock swing's like to snap.
Sprø Norsk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just clearance te bell housing to make the clearance for the flywheel..and then do what was stated above for a 1776 application..that way you will save money and can chose how beefy you want the trans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: