River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Idaho non-op registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traderj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Idaho non-op registration Reply with quote

So I went in to register my beetle here in Idaho. They won't allow me to register it without them seeing the car, even as a non-op. The problem is that the car is in shambles. I just got it running and driving but it has 3 of the 4 fenders removed and the electrical is said to be messed up for the left side.

What should I do? Just trailer it or work on the lights and drive it?
CDA Racer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a master of this. Two ways to do it you can have the sheriffs office come do a VIN inspection. Call them (not 911) direct and the will send out a old guy in a van to do your vin sometimes you get a deputy, or you can take it to the port of entry on your way home before you unload your new prize. I always go to the port of entry(scales on I-90), park out back and have them come look at my new project then I dont have to deal with crazy ladies at the dmv.I deal with Jim Moore at the PoE the other nice thing is you can go there on the weekends if you need to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: