River City Volkswagen Club  
Home •  Club Meetings •  Gatherings •  Car Pics •  Links •  Message Board
FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Calendar •  Album
Register •  Profile •  Log in to check your private messages •  Log in

Hello everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4PASNU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone. Reply with quote

Hello all. My name is Mike Ruckhaber. Some of you may know my father, Tom Ruckhaber, who is a member of your club. Some of you might also remember me, I attended one of your Holiday parties a few years back with my dad (Tom) when I was in town. One day I plan on being an active member of your club but for now my military career (I'm in the Navy) is keeping me away from Spokane.

Now as far as cars go, I admit that right now I don't own a VW but a few years back my wife and I had a 69 Ghia. We loved the car and it was a blast to work on and drive but when our first daughter was born it just wasn't practical to hold on to. There IS another VW in my future it's just a matter of waiting for the right time.

There WILL be another VW in my future.
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone Reply with quote

Hi Mike , welcome ! Your brother and parents make it down ok ? Tell everyone hi , have a safe trip at sea . TROY
SoSlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Troy!
Yes we did make it down here just fine. Yesterday we toured Mike's ship, the USS Stennis a huge aircraft carrier...impressive just doesn't cover it..it was fantastic. today we went to the beach, but tomorrow Mike, Dan and I are driving up to LA to visit the Petersen Automotive Museum then we're going to the SCAT factory then to West Coast Choppers in Long Beach...Should be a great day.

Sorry it took me so long to register for the club on-line. But true to my name I'm SoSlo. I'm going to get a handle a handle on this online stuff, so be patient!

As long as I've got you here, thanks for the great job you did painting the repairs on my bus...it actually looks too good! Thanks again!

See you soon!

4PASNU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Troy, as you can see from above, my Dad and Dan made it down. So things are kind of slow around here. I saw your post in the Wanted section saying you need more registered users and I agree. I'm a member of a few different auto forums and this one is by far the smallest. Need to really push to get all the members signed up on here so the communications start flowing. Let the VW talk begin!
There WILL be another VW in my future.
Troy Hobbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: hello everyone Reply with quote

I'm jealose Crying or Very sad I want to go to a few of those places too ! Tried to go to the Peterson museum the last two times we were in CA , had the rental car towed away the first time , last time just took too long at Universal Studios . Hope everyone had a good time Smile Talk to you all soon . TROY
SoSlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Troy!

We had a great day. The museum was very well done, but with only one
VW, a conversion New Beetle convertible. SCAT was a warehouse with a very small showroom. West Coast Choppers was pretty cool, half a dozen cool bikes, some low rider cars and a pretty complete showroom with lots of garments and caps. We even had time to stop by BFY Obsolete Parts. You would have loved the showroom. Lot's of NOS stuff with a pan on a waist high dolly that was being restored...very cool! Wish you were here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    River City Volkswagen Club Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: